Questions - Settings Help?? Please Read..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello..
I have a few questions about stuff i want to do to my channel & videos..
If you can help me with any or all of them, Please reply below.. Thanks!

Q = How do i set up my channel so that when someone clicks submit, another box drops down & says "Recieve e-mails when new videos are uploaded"?

Q = Can i add credits to my videos, without having to make a new copy/video and thus losing all viewsm etc already got?

Q = How many tags should i put for each video?

Q = When adding tags to videos, does writing them differant matter? For example.. Does Football mean anything differant from "Football" ? What is the "" for? Are there any other ways of writing the tags?

Thanks if any you'se can Help!
:D

Code

Rap Artist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Q1----I dont know.

Q2----I think you will loose your views but im not sure

Q3----Its up to you.The more you have the more chances you got to be the first to be shown in the search bar.But make sure you put tags that descibe you and your video.Some people put tags that dont have anything to do their videos like "Justin Biber" and their videos may get few more views so its wise to put popular tags aswell.

Q4----Yes.Because some people search with "" like "Eminem" parody and some just Eminem parody so if you put both "" and without it then you have more chance to be shown in the YT search box.

I hope this helped. :)

Reactions: Michael

Michael Carlyle

The Active Member!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer
Q1 = How do i set up my channel so that when someone clicks submit, another box drops down & says "Recieve e-mails when new videos are uploaded"?
A1: I think it's automatic?

Q2 = Can i add credits to my videos, without having to make a new copy/video and thus losing all viewsm etc already got?
A2: No, You'll have to upload a new video, thus losing all you current views...

Q3 = How many tags should i put for each video?
A3: Use all of your 500 Character limit!

Q4 = When adding tags to videos, does writing them differant matter? For example.. Does Football mean anything differant from "Football" ? What is the "" for? Are there any other ways of writing the tags?
A4: Yes!, it does matter, say I added the tag a Drunk Penguin then that would count as three tags however if I wrote "a Drunk Penguin" it would count as one tag. The two quotation marks show YouTube that it should be grouped together as one tag.

Hope I Helped! ;)

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Q4 = When adding tags to videos, does writing them differant matter? For example.. Does Football mean anything differant from "Football" ? What is the "" for? Are there any other ways of writing the tags?
A4: Yes!, it does matter, say I added the tag a Drunk Penguin then that would count as three tags however if I wrote "a Drunk Penguin" it would count as one tag. The two quotation marks show YouTube that it should be grouped together as one tag.
I wasn't aware of that myself, I just never paid too much attention to other peoples tags to think about it, thanks for that, it could be why some of mine haven't got the attention in the search that they deserve :)

Michael Carlyle

The Active Member!
Reaction score
Channel Type
I wasn't aware of that myself, I just never paid too much attention to other peoples tags to think about it, thanks for that, it could be why some of mine haven't got the attention in the search that they deserve :)
Well now you know! Hope I helped ;)

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the help!

Q1 = How do i set up my channel so that when someone clicks submit, another box drops down & says "Recieve e-mails when new videos are uploaded"?
A1: I think it's automatic?
When iv been subscribing to other peoples channel iv noticed that it only asks me on some of them, this making me thing some people have the setting on & some people dont.

Michael Carlyle

The Active Member!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Thanks for the help!

When iv been subscribing to other peoples channel iv noticed that it only asks me on some of them, this making me thing some people have the setting on & some people dont.
Are the people your subscribing to Partners or Non-partners and which show up with the "Email me for each upload"? Partners? Non-Partners? or Both?

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Are the people your subscribing to Partners or Non-partners and which show up with the "Email me for each upload"? Partners? Non-Partners? or Both?
What do you mean by Partners & Non-Partners?
When i subscribe to people on here..
Some say it & some dont.
I want mine to say it.
Im not even sure if it already says it.
lol
:p

Michael Carlyle

The Active Member!
Reaction score
Channel Type
What do you mean by Partners & Non-Partners?
When i subscribe to people on here..
Some say it & some dont.
I want mine to say it.
Im not even sure if it already says it.
lol
:p
Partners get paid for every 1,000 views they get, while non-partners get nothing, also partners get to customize their channel more.
I'll test it on your channel!

Status
Not open for further replies.