Questions about youtube 'contacts'

Wilad

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hello Everyone,

I recently had a couple people add me as contacts on youtube and was wondering what this means exactly. It doesn't appear that all my subscribers are contacts or vice versa. Where is the option to add someone as a contact? Do you have to do it manually through the address book?

I guess some of my confusion comes from not actually having any contact with these people. I appreciate it if they liked my channel, but why add me as a contact and not subscribe or actually contact me with a message? Is it not more trouble to do this than clicking the subscribe button. Any ideas?

ps sorry if this is basic youtube knowledge, I'm a bit of a noob:penguin:

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I believe they have to manually add you but at the same time if you dont know them as in never even heard of them and they havent subscribed to you, chances are theyre using a program to add people, they do it because theres a chance you will click through wondering who it is and at the very least they gain a view on their featured video or a subscriber if you enjoy their content. Its a good promotion technique although it can really get on peoples nerves who know that its usually done via such methods.

Wilad

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Those crafty buggers! Well it worked in some way because I checked out their channel to see if they were real people or not. I want those views back! I didn't confirm them yet and don't think I will do so. Thanks for the info Michael:up:
It kind of reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer got an automatic phone dialer to phone up everyone in town asking to send him ("Happy Dude") one dollar in exchange for happiness hahaha:)

Reactions: Michael

gunner4568

Fujimi Warriors
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I accept them because you can send them your videos and they will get a message with the videos attached and sometimes the people view them and they sub to you and get you views.:D

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Think of adding someone as having an email address to send someone messages to. So adding contacts to people that are relevant to your type of videos are good. I mean not all contacts are bad except those who spam you. Also you can gain views for your channel.

Wilad

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I accept them because you can send them your videos and they will get a message with the videos attached and sometimes the people view them and they sub to you and get you views.:D
Yeah that's not a bad idea actually, to just message them back with an attached vid. Thanks!:up:
--- merged: Jun 9, 2012 at 8:32 PM ---
Think of adding someone as having an email address to send someone messages to. So adding contacts to people that are relevant to your type of videos are good. I mean not all contacts are bad except those who spam you. Also you can gain views for your channel.
Thanks for the info man. Yeah I'm just apprehensive about confirming people who may just send generic messages to all their contacts, but like you say relevant contacts could be good. Just will have to have some sort of screening process.

Reactions: gunner4568