Question about the 'Nintendo' Content ID Claims

Gavin80001

Reaction score
We all know we can dispute it, but what the heck do we say when we do? I would have no what to say, as I'm sure many others wouldn't. Also another question. A friend of mine said Ubisoft is ok with us recording their games on YouTube. Is there a full list of which companies are and aren't ok with us recording their stuff? Thanks.

TheVGViking

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
We all know we can dispute it, but what the heck do we say when we do? I would have no what to say, as I'm sure many others wouldn't. Also another question. A friend of mine said Ubisoft is ok with us recording their games on YouTube. Is there a full list of which companies are and aren't ok with us recording their stuff? Thanks.
I don't think there's a list of companies who aren't okay with people posting footage of their stuff on Youtube, but I can think EA and Activision would have some issues with it. Ubisoft is kinda cool like that, and is why they're probably one of the few GOOD third party companies out there.

I'll keep a lookout for it, though. You never know, someone may have compiled a list of companies who is or is not, fine with us posting footage of their products.
I do a lot of Pokemon stuff, and Nintendo hasn't started breathing down my neck... yet.

BetaCowSSP

#cantstopwontstop
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Really off topic, but I REALLY love your channel banner :p Very thoughtful and true ;)

TheVGViking

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
Really off topic, but I REALLY love your channel banner :p Very thoughtful and true ;)
I agree.

Which genius designed the new layout?
The dude must have had a massive brain aneurysm, to think that it was okay.

People need to stop modernizing web sites. Seriously. There's nothing wrong with it!
The worst part is, is that once everyone is used to this new "improved" layout, they're going to change it to something even worse.

This isn't even it's final form.

FPSdieselTenqu

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There isn't a offical list on what companies are okay and what are not most are okay but there are few. Devolver digital, and Nintendo... You can try a counter claim which would be this. I use it as a template ( This is an original production and trans formative work that includes fair use of footage and music originally composed and licensed for the video game. (Insert game name here) for the purpose of parody and review.) ....Also it is possible that a random company that has nothing to do with the game will flag you. Look up the company background check and then counter claim if it seem likely you will win.[DOUBLEPOST=1386818558,1386818522][/DOUBLEPOST]But if it gets real bad you may need a legal team or a lawyer

Reactions: Gavin80001

Gavin80001

Reaction score
There isn't a offical list on what companies are okay and what are not most are okay but there are few. Devolver digital, and Nintendo... You can try a counter claim which would be this. I use it as a template ( This is an original production and trans formative work that includes fair use of footage and music originally composed and licensed for the video game. (Insert game name here) for the purpose of parody and review.) ....Also it is possible that a random company that has nothing to do with the game will flag you. Look up the company background check and then counter claim if it seem likely you will win.[DOUBLEPOST=1386818558,1386818522][/DOUBLEPOST]But if it gets real bad you may need a legal team or a lawyer
How do I know if I'm in the right though? I actually recorded a game video, and I'm a YouTube partner mainly for gaming and it got a 'Matched Third Party content' because of some music that WAS composed with the game. And I see people using that, but ONLY LPers I've seen use it. So can I use it for any walkthrough? I want to know how to tell if I'm in the right or wrong. I record the game with no commentary. Could I still use it?

FPSdieselTenqu

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
How do I know if I'm in the right though? I actually recorded a game video, and I'm a YouTube partner mainly for gaming and it got a 'Matched Third Party content' because of some music that WAS composed with the game. And I see people using that, but ONLY LPers I've seen use it. So can I use it for any walkthrough? I want to know how to tell if I'm in the right or wrong. I record the game with no commentary. Could I still use it?
Most game music is fine if it was claimed it may belong to a outside party for use in the game. It really a catch 22 because you will never know. I always put in the description of my video all footage used belongs to (Place owner name here)along with the intellectual of (IP name ) . The following is a parody. all audio,visual, and in game content belongs to the (publisher, and developer name here) .Please support the official release. This works if you are claimed and get in contact with them. But there is no way to be sure before hand most orchestrated music can belong to a certain composer i.e (jeff willams,Brian Tyler) so it is copyrighted. For in house music like Nintendo they can be very strict on this because they all own it. You just need to take a leap of faith. I have looked for a advanced warning there isn't a way as far as I know I have looked into it greatly. You could go and find the TOS and Fair use policy and read them to find out if you can. BUT unless your a lawyer there will be basically no point to that. So no you can only take precautionary measures.

Gavin80001

Reaction score
Most game music is fine if it was claimed it may belong to a outside party for use in the game. It really a catch 22 because you will never know. I always put in the description of my video all footage used belongs to (Place owner name here)along with the intellectual of (IP name ) . The following is a parody. all audio,visual, and in game content belongs to the (publisher, and developer name here) .Please support the official release. This works if you are claimed and get in contact with them. But there is no way to be sure before hand most orchestrated music can belong to a certain composer i.e (jeff willams,Brian Tyler) so it is copyrighted. For in house music like Nintendo they can be very strict on this because they all own it. You just need to take a leap of faith. I have looked for a advanced warning there isn't a way as far as I know I have looked into it greatly. You could go and find the TOS and Fair use policy and read them to find out if you can. BUT unless your a lawyer there will be basically no point to that. So no you can only take precautionary measures.
In other words, it's better not to dispute unless it's basically MY work 100% made by me. Yea, I'm not gonna try to dispute it then. Since it says I can get my channel terminated for it. Though, thanks a lot! You helped me a lot man.

FPSdieselTenqu

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
In other words, it's better not to dispute unless it's basically MY work 100% made by me. Yea, I'm not gonna try to dispute it then. Since it says I can get my channel terminated for it. Though, thanks a lot! You helped me a lot man.
Yeah sorry man hopefully this all gets fixed soon it has hit me in the face to along with everyone else out there with games :(