Quantity vs Promotion

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I was hinting more towards poor effort put into video production
important point :up: & big topic, it takes years to learn videography & many give up after trying for a short time because you quickly realize how much time, energy & $investment has to be made, not to mention the tedious process accompanied with every video edit
y the time i my gaming channel starts generating money either from youtube ads or affiliate links i will be death or very old
I see it as big progress to realizing that , big step forward on your journey. I tried affiliate links too and realized same thing. Now generating income from YouTube is not a priority for me but rather improving videography skills which will help to find a job or simply keeping an existing one.

MacroShire

Reaction score
Website
www.macroshire.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes you are right if you seeking an experience and skills improvement, but as a primary source as income it seems very unlikely to achieve that since youtube is dominated by well established big names and the success of startup new brands is highly unlikely specially in the first couple of years no matter how good the quality is or how many videos they produce.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
youtube is dominated by well established big names and the success of startup new brands is highly unlikely
should of started our channels in 2005, missed opportunity? it's alright, many opportunities are missed every single day, that is why I do several things on the channel:
KEEP THE PASSION HIGH by creating memorable videos, or videos of personal interested
GET BETTER AT IT this takes a long time, lucky it is natural as we get better at anything that is done repeatedly
SHARING LEARNED EXPERIENCE someone helps me learn something so I will try to do the same