Promoting Gaming videos

MacroShire

Reaction score
Website
www.macroshire.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
What are the best practices/methods to promote youtube gaming videos for free?

Last edited:

BaldBoldBear

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I think the easiest way would just social media like Twitter utilizing hashtags on the game you are playing. Some forums give you a chance to promote your videos too.

Reactions: WeebSlayer

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Whatever method you eventually choose, keep in mind that YouTube rarely monetizes gaming channels now. So don't be too disappointed to find out you've done all your promotion in vain, if your channel fails its Compliance Review; and is rejected as an applicant to the YouTube Partner Program.

MacroShire

Reaction score
Website
www.macroshire.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Whatever method you eventually choose, keep in mind that YouTube rarely monetizes gaming channels now. So don't be too disappointed to find out you've done all your promotion in vain, if your channel fails its Compliance Review; and is rejected as an applicant to the YouTube Partner Program.
So any idea how to increase my gaming channel's acceptance possibility to YouTube Partner Program ? (OF COURSE: Apart from 1000 subs and 4000 watch time)

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
There are only three things I can suggest.

1. Make sure all games you play give you commercial use rights

2. Make sure also that you have step-by-step 'how to play' commentary throughout your videos (just doing incidental commentary LeafyIsHere style is no longer acceptable)

3. Don't use either the game's music soundtrack, or any other third party copyright music in your videos.

Of course, if things have gotten to the point that YouTube's decided it has enough monetized gaming channels, nothing you do will get you approved. If it comes to that, and you still want a monetized channel, you will need to change video type altogether.

JunkExplorer

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
A long time ago I had a monetized gaming channel. I had to restart at 3k subs, which may not be that big, but for me thats a relatively big number. The market is oversaturated sadly.