Promoting at YTtalk and Warnings Explained

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So you may be wondering about what's allowed at YTtalk and what is not and also why and when warnings are issued. This thread is to help you understand them some more.

What do we consider promotion?

Promotion is where you are advertising or making solicitations regarding your channel or videos, this can be in the form of a thread or post requesting people to check out your channel or for them to subscribe to your channel or a thread containing one of your videos where it is clear it has been posted for promotional purposes. We also consider box for boxing as a form of promotion. Adding such content to the end of your posts is also considered promoting or making a solicitation and will result in it being edited or deleted and a warning issued.

When it comes to advertising websites or gaining feedback from our members on website projects we remove all such threads regardless of which forum they're posted within. You may however promote your personal website such as a blogger blog or channel related website within the Social Media Pages forum.

Where is promotion allowed?

Promotion of YouTube related content such as your channel and videos is only welcome at YTtalk within within the following forum:

Videos, Channels, Reviews & Milestones

To be able to post your videos within there you must have VIP membership or purchase the access package from our shop found here:

http://yttalk.com/shop/

Within the following forums it is allowed within your own threads first post:

Introduce Yourself

Only one thread per member is allowed in the forum above with an exception to returning members after a period away from YTtalk of more than 6 months, in that case you may reintroduce yourself.

You may advertise your channel and videos within your signature, however you do require VIP Membership to place a video within your signature.

What happens if I promote my channel/videos elsewhere on the forums?

Warnings are issued on a per post basis by both Administrators and Moderators here at YTtalk regardless of previous activity on the website, you could have 1 post or 10,000.

If you promote or make a solicitation regarding your channel or videos where we do not allow it we will either remove your post or place a public warning within your post and edit your post accordingly.

A warning will be issued for every post you make of this nature.

Solicitation of your channel includes (but is not limited to):

- Asking someone to subscribe outside of your own thread in the relevant promo forum or requesting sub4sub outside your own thread in the relevant promo forum.
- Posting links to your video or channel outside of your own thread in the relevant promo forum
- Advertising your own channel within someone else's thread or post across the entire forum

All solicitations regarding your channel/videos can be kept within your signature.

When do warnings expire?

All warnings last for 2 weeks each, you will receive a warning for each post of this nature.

Are warnings reversible?

Warnings may be reversed at the issuing staff members discretion.

Can I be banned by being warned repeatedly?

If you receive 5 warnings on 5 separate posts within a 2 week time frame your account will become banned permanently. This is irreversible and you may not make another account.

Why are these rules and warnings in place?

At YTtalk we like to keep the forums as free of spam as possible, these are in place to make sure to community succeeds and continues to be a proper community for all of you. Our warnings help people learn to not randomly promote around the website and stick to the Videos, Channels, Reviews and Milestones forum where such content belongs.

Should I report posts of this nature?

In doing so you would be helping the staff out as we can deal with things very efficiently when reported. We appreciate when members report posts as we cannot read everything that is posted.

Thank you for reading and if you have any questions or uncertainties please ask in this thread or send a PM to a staff member.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Solicitation definition: 1. To seek to obtain by persuasion, entreaty, or formal application.

ghostlyrich

Vagaterian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Good write up. So can i promote my new video rate here. Lets sub4sub mike think of the glorious battle's we could win.... i would box4box that girl all night long :O lol. Keep up the good work

Reactions: KGATV

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Good write up. So can i promote my new video rate here. Lets sub4sub mike think of the glorious battle's we could win.... i would box4box that girl all night long :O lol. Keep up the good work
Lol that was random :D Thanks Rich.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Our warnings system has been updated, we no longer have account limitations in place and all warnings expire after 2 weeks, 5 active warnings is now the automatic ban threshold. These changes to this have come to ensure YTtalk remains fair for members new and old and without the penalty of account limitation.

Reactions: Jazzy