Profanity and what not LOL

ImSlugs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a question for you all. I'm aware many people have mixed feelings on profanity in videos, me myself don't care because i use it on a daily basis, but for some just a couple in a video irritates them. Since there is a mix of people here I'm curious to know what you think about profanity on videos you encounter!

Cheers guys!

SwaggerWolf

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I don't use profanity in my videos, but used sparingly I think it can add major comedic value to a video.

Reactions: ImSlugs

AlexGotBeats

Blessed & Cursed
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Totally love it. Especially ppl who do comedy skits or comedy in general. To me, cussing makes things 10 times funnier. But it doesn't work for ppl who don't normally cuss because i notice they make it sound unnecessary. Theres a girl here on YTtalk whos videos i checked out like a week ago and she does like comedy stuff and cusses in her videos and she pulls it off perfectly and i love it where some might be like ''oh thats not lady-like'', like hell no that is funny as hell to me :roflmao2:

ImSlugs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Totally love it. Especially ppl who do comedy skits or comedy in general. To me, cussing makes things 10 times funnier. But it doesn't work for ppl who don't normally cuss because i notice they make it sound unnecessary. Theres a girl here on YTtalk whos videos i checked out like a week ago and she does like comedy stuff and cusses in her videos and she pulls it off perfectly and i love it where some might be like ''oh thats not lady-like'', like hell no that is funny as hell to me :roflmao2:
THANK YOU! agreed 100% bro lol

Reactions: AlexGotBeats

Ninja

Professional Funny Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
I think profanity can be funny if used properly. If you swear to add to the joke then that's good, you're doing it right. If the joke is the profanity, 99% of the time it won't land like a good joke should. Just my opinion.

Rachel Berry

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I swear... a lot. But honestly, to me, swears are nothing more than just words. I'm trying to work on swearing less, but as a 19-year-old that's just kind of how I talk... I try not to overdo it; but it's hard to keep those things in the back of my head while filming. Overall, I say if you normally swear, then swear. As long as you're presenting your most authentic self, it shouldn't matter.

AlexGotBeats

Blessed & Cursed
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I swear... a lot. But honestly, to me, swears are nothing more than just words. I'm trying to work on swearing less, but as a 19-year-old that's just kind of how I talk... I try not to overdo it; but it's hard to keep those things in the back of my head while filming. Overall, I say if you normally swear, then swear. As long as you're presenting your most authentic self, it shouldn't matter.
Ironic how i was talking about you in this thread and now you commented :hilarious2:

Reactions: Rachel Berry

obscurimity

YTT's Tanager
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Just depends on what kind of audience you want.

Swearing isn't necessarily a bad or good thing, you just gotta be aware of what kind of people do and don't want it.