Processing 0%

Girl01

Super Poster
It's been stuck on this for nearly half an hour!

If the upload is complete can I turn my computer off or should I leave it on until the processing is complete?

I think it's taking extra long as the video is 20 mins when I usually do 10 min ones

Once it's uploaded you can leave it on its own to process - it's technically on their servers now so you don't need to keep your computer on etc. :) Mine was taking forever earlier this week so I wouldn't be surprised if it's taking a while

Mine took longer than usual, you don't have to stay on YouTube though, it will just get there on its own

Although it's not common, sometimes, my videos get stuck. If it's taking an extended amount of time, just abort the operation, and restart it again. That's what I do. It's only happened twice. I have 20 videos, so it's not all bad, I suppose. Try that.

One of my videos froze at 95%. I think disconnecting my computer from the internet while the upload was in process is what screwed the entire thing.

And, yes, you can turn your computer off after the video has been uploaded to youtube.

If I don't see it immediately going from 0% to 1% to 2% in the first dozen seconds or so, I just delete and re-upload. It's not worth inputting the metadata until I know it's going to upload entirely. I have fiber optic internet so it's usually pretty speedy.

Back