Pretender copyright strike the video but Owner wants to retract the video.

Birdyroxas

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Recently I had got a copyright strike but the person is pretending to be the user.

The Pretender says its a team but the Owner said he/she made the video alone.

I know the Owner Twitter(Main) and gmail. The owner said they do not know who that email that copyright strike me is and is trying to pretend to be him/her.

I have email youtube copyright mail one. copyright@youtube.com. I used that one because the normal one doesn't provide enough space to type message and also I used it provide more evidence.

They refused the process. So I think this is a bot that checked and not a human.

The Pretender copyright strikes me. I have ask the owner if that was him/her and he/she said that is a person pretending to be him/her. I also ask if they wanted to retract the video or not. The owner of video said they want to retract the video and gives me his/her permission to keep the video online.

The pretender says no and tell lies.

So now I try to normal youtube counter notification form the youtube site. My MCN said I have to contact youtube either ask them to retract or counter. So I choosed counter because I have evidence.
Also I can ask the Owner of the video to come as well to talk is what my mcn told.

The Original video is from twitter.

If youtube doesn't check again and I feel like its a bot. Is there somewhere where I can complain to youtube for not manually checking my message and my evidences?

Last edited:

Birdyroxas

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We haven't been able to process your request with the information you have provided us. If you are prepared to resubmit a counter-notification, you can do so via the form at

A formal objection to a copyright claim must include several specific elements, including your telephone number and complete and valid physical address. By submitting a counter-notification, you consent to having your personal information revealed to the original claimant. Please also note that the legal process requires the claimant to sue you to prevent the content from being restored to YouTube.

- The YouTube Team

Counter-Notification as follows:

Videos included in counter-notification:

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I figured it would be that. So with that being their response, I'm curious as to why you thought it was a bot when the much more likely answer was stated in the first sentence of their reply and then expanded upon in the beginning of the next paragraph. I've taken the liberty of Googling the counter-notification requirements for you.

It is explained here: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6005919

Birdyroxas

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I did include those though on my message

1. Your contact information

2. Identification of the specific URL(s)

3. You must agree to and include the following statement:
"I consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the district in which my address is located, or if my address is outside of the United States, the judicial district in which YouTube is located, and will accept service of process from the claimant."

4. And the following statement:
"I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled."

5. Your signature

Birdyroxas

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok so I tried the other way and it says now under review

Birdyroxas

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Right now it is under final review. If the person tells lie again. How can I get the real person that owns that video to talk?

If the pretender keeps on lying?

I know the owner of the video uses twitter mainly.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Final review means the "pretender" replied and either showed proof that they are going to sue you, or they tried to convince YouTube that your counter-notification was invalid. If they just tried to say it was invalid and the copyright team disagrees with them, your video will go back up. I don't believe they can take the video down again.