Posting full length videos on multiple social platformas as a promotion method?

Broccoli Shmoccoli

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
When it comes to sharing YouTube videos on social media as a promotion method while you're microscopic with only a few videos up, I heard different things form different sources - some say that it's best to just post announcements and teasers on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, while others say to upload full length videos on as many social media platforms as possible. I do understand that it's best if the majority of content on social channels of your YouTube channel is unique, but is it a good idea to post full length videos on multiple platforms and than make other content you post on each platform unique - speaking strictly if your goal is growth of the channel and you're still small with only a few videos up? If yes, where can you even post full length videos? Better yet - how do you do it?

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I recently heard that it's good to put shorter snippets or links on Twitter and full videos on Facebook. Don't just link your video on Facebook as the site favours native videos over YouTube links. I guess trailers could work fine though if it's uploaded natively to Facebook. I'm not sure about twitter but I'm pretty sure that Instagram has a 60-second limit; I don't think Facebook has a limit.

Justin West

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It depends on your goal. If your goal is to drive views to your YouTube channel then post an enticing clip of your video that makes the viewer want more and tell them to click a link to your video on YouTube.

This is fairly ineffective if you don't have an audience already on whatever platform you're posting on, however.

So then you get bogged down in trying to build a facebook or twitter following by using a bunch of hashtags...so that hopefully after you build that following and you post links, some of those followers will click links to your YouTube video... and you get completely burned out and go nowhere.

Your best bet if you're small is to make great videos that people want to watch and learn everything you can about YouTube's algorithm and make sure you're doing everything you can to get noticed by YT search and recommended videos. TubeBuddy is priceless for helping with this.

Even if someone has pretty much the same video with millions of views, your video could be recommended for further viewing.

Once your video views are rolling, the next thing you need to focus on is building an EMAIL LIST from your channel (I've written a guide about how to do this). Here's why that's the next step:

If you have 10,000 followers on facebook and you post a link, maybe 300 will click it
If you have 10,000 email subscribers and you send a link, probably more like 3,000 will click it

The reason is because of nOiSe. There's so much crap coming from every direction on social media you have slim chance of being noticed, plus you have to contend with each social platform's algorithm that will probably filter out your link that leads off that platform.

There's much less noise in email and you beat the algorithm automatically if you follow the legal rules of email marketing, which is easy.

Broccoli Shmoccoli

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
It depends on your goal. If your goal is to drive views to your YouTube channel then post an enticing clip of your video that makes the viewer want more and tell them to click a link to your video on YouTube.

This is fairly ineffective if you don't have an audience already on whatever platform you're posting on, however.

So then you get bogged down in trying to build a facebook or twitter following by using a bunch of hashtags...so that hopefully after you build that following and you post links, some of those followers will click links to your YouTube video... and you get completely burned out and go nowhere.

Your best bet if you're small is to make great videos that people want to watch and learn everything you can about YouTube's algorithm and make sure you're doing everything you can to get noticed by YT search and recommended videos. TubeBuddy is priceless for helping with this.

Even if someone has pretty much the same video with millions of views, your video could be recommended for further viewing.

Once your video views are rolling, the next thing you need to focus on is building an EMAIL LIST from your channel (I've written a guide about how to do this). Here's why that's the next step:

If you have 10,000 followers on facebook and you post a link, maybe 300 will click it
If you have 10,000 email subscribers and you send a link, probably more like 3,000 will click it

The reason is because of nOiSe. There's so much crap coming from every direction on social media you have slim chance of being noticed, plus you have to contend with each social platform's algorithm that will probably filter out your link that leads off that platform.

There's much less noise in email and you beat the algorithm automatically if you follow the legal rules of email marketing, which is easy.
Wow, Thank you Justin! This is the most extensive and useful single answer I ever got on this platform! I really appreciate it! You're awesome![DOUBLEPOST=1512617181,1512617018][/DOUBLEPOST]
I post my full videos to each platform such as twitter, fb, pateron, and I post a pic on Instragrm telling people to click the link in the bio to see the video.
Thank you for the reply! So, how is it working out in respect to growth? ...or better yet - how it did when you started with this method?

Reactions: Justin West

LIVEst

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter
Great advices, Justin. Thank you. Newsletter seems the most effective way to promote your content to the subscribers.

Reactions: Justin West

scott faulknor

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Wow, Thank you Justin! This is the most extensive and useful single answer I ever got on this platform! I really appreciate it! You're awesome![DOUBLEPOST=1512617181,1512617018][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thank you for the reply! So, how is it working out in respect to growth? ...or better yet - how it did when you started with this method?
Started getting more once I started to post even where. It does take time to post in each place, but it gets you views and some new subs

Broccoli Shmoccoli

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Started getting more once I started to post even where. It does take time to post in each place, but it gets you views and some new subs
Interesting... Thank you!
Among the things I learned on this topic from you guys is definitely that you should be goal-oriented in every promotion post and other promotion move you do - like Justin said. I think that's a very good general advice for promotion...

Justin West

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's cool! I have a system that does this automatically when you upload to YouTube. Basically, you push upload and the video hits your blog and email list while a link hits Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Great advices, Justin. Thank you. Newsletter seems the most effective way to promote your content to the subscribers.
Wow, Thank you Justin! This is the most extensive and useful single answer I ever got on this platform! I really appreciate it! You're awesome!
Thank you!