Posting a video unrelated to your channel topic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I recently posted a video on my channel about my son's hockey tournament. My channel is more about family adventure/travel. This video is kinda not related to the topic on the channel. Is this a bad idea or is it ok to do every once in awhile?

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I don't think your video is too off-topic. Your son being in hockey is likely an adventure itself. If you started posting gaming videos, then I would definitely guess that your views would decrease substantially and lose more subscribers.:)

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I cant see how uploading more content to your channel could necissarily be a BAD thing...If anything it helps diversify your channel a bit more so that newcomers are more likely to subscribe to you...that being said one of the possible downsides of doing this is that it might water down your "Brand Identity" if it's too unrelated. You basically want someone to be able to click on your channel and know exactly what its about rather than being a bit confused which may in turn put them off...I guess what im trying to say is that uploading an unrelated video once in a blue moon is fine and may actually benefit your channel in many ways! just try not to diversify too much or it might be to your detriment :)

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do, albeit not very often - may be once or twice per week. Once in a while your subscribers won't mind it and even quite the opposite, the most loyal fans will welcome your new ventures.

FinTheHobbit

Enjoying my marvelous misadventure :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Your channel is related around family adventure... isn't your son's game not his own adventure?

So therefor it does relate abit to your other content..

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Your channel is related around family adventure... isn't your son's game not his own adventure?

So therefor it does relate abit to your other content..
I guess... you could be correct. I just think its so different than the rest and focuses more on the whole team not just my family. Maybe its more interesting than my family who knows lol. I guess its not videoing or something like that.

Reactions: FinTheHobbit