POLL + Your Process: How Much Do You Spend & What Promo/Marketing Do You Do AFTER Video Creation?

How Much Does The Average Youtuber Spend On Marketing/Promotion? (All ad/marketing methods combined)

• Total voters

abhinavguptaonline

AGOShareZone
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey all, I wanted to put up a Poll and Process post to get some feedback on ideas, tips and tricks that you all do or have tried and what your procedure is to promote and grow each of your videos.

The Poll will outline how much MONEY the average Youtuber spends after uploading their video (On a PER VIDEO basis, not the overall marketing spend)

The POST that I'm hoping each of you writes is about your Process with that money and what you do to grow.

My Poll was around $20 - $50 per video, specifically I spend around $15-$25 USD on each video.

Here is my process:
1. Create base video and upload to YouTube
2. Create a 2 Min or LESS Facebook Promo Trailer (Highlights of the full video with a screen showing users to click on the link in the description for the full video). I try and get this down to 1 min or less, but sometimes it will be as long as 2 min. This is SPECIFICALLY for facebook and goes on my personal wall and my Fan page wall.
3. Create a 20 Second Twitter Promo Trailer (Highlights of the full video with a screen showing users to click on the link in the description for the full video). I then upload this to twitter and put the link in the promotion area.

After this my Ad spend goes like this:
1. Spend $5 for facebook fan page likes
2. Spend $3-$5 for Boosted post on my fan page for the video (I end up getting between 500-2000 views on facebook alone)
3. Spend $5 for Google AdWords promotion via Youtube directly

My total cost then per week (As I do my main videos weekly) runs around $15-$25 depending on how many days I run the promtion (Usually 1-2 days only).

My results from such promotions end up being:

Youtube Video Views: Between 200-2000+ views (Legit views as this is Google AdWords so no fake stuff as its Google directly so I dont have to worry about compliance issues or anything)

Additional REAL Facebook Fans: 20-100+ (Once again, this is through facebooks own ad system so fully legit fans, not simply bots or anything).

Facebook Video Views: Generally around 500-2000+ every time.

My ad strategy is usually paying around $0.01-$0.02 per view and focusing on using Per Mille (Like every 1000) rather than simply getting clicks or views. I find that if the video image or the video promo is good and funny/engaging then I get more views for cheaper than per click.

Also on another note: I usually grab the top keywords from the top youtube videos simply by typing in the keywords I'm looking for, then going to the top videos (top views + within last month) and then grabbing the keywords by hitting page=>source and then searching for the term 'keywords' (without quotes). This gives me a list of relavent keywords and I'm able to rank well.

I also make sure that I have super engaging images so that people will be compelled to click on the video to see it.

Please respond as to your strategies and processes and lets see if we can make a huge set of posts with feedback! :)

Abhinav

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hey all, I wanted to put up a Poll and Process post to get some feedback on ideas, tips and tricks that you all do or have tried and what your procedure is to promote and grow each of your videos.

The Poll will outline how much MONEY the average Youtuber spends after uploading their video (On a PER VIDEO basis, not the overall marketing spend)

The POST that I'm hoping each of you writes is about your Process with that money and what you do to grow.

My Poll was around $20 - $50 per video, specifically I spend around $15-$25 USD on each video.

Here is my process:
1. Create base video and upload to YouTube
2. Create a 2 Min or LESS Facebook Promo Trailer (Highlights of the full video with a screen showing users to click on the link in the description for the full video). I try and get this down to 1 min or less, but sometimes it will be as long as 2 min. This is SPECIFICALLY for facebook and goes on my personal wall and my Fan page wall.
3. Create a 20 Second Twitter Promo Trailer (Highlights of the full video with a screen showing users to click on the link in the description for the full video). I then upload this to twitter and put the link in the promotion area.

After this my Ad spend goes like this:
1. Spend $5 for facebook fan page likes
2. Spend $3-$5 for Boosted post on my fan page for the video (I end up getting between 500-2000 views on facebook alone)
3. Spend $5 for Google AdWords promotion via Youtube directly

My total cost then per week (As I do my main videos weekly) runs around $15-$25 depending on how many days I run the promtion (Usually 1-2 days only).

My results from such promotions end up being:

Youtube Video Views: Between 200-2000+ views (Legit views as this is Google AdWords so no fake stuff as its Google directly so I dont have to worry about compliance issues or anything)

Additional REAL Facebook Fans: 20-100+ (Once again, this is through facebooks own ad system so fully legit fans, not simply bots or anything).

Facebook Video Views: Generally around 500-2000+ every time.

My ad strategy is usually paying around $0.01-$0.02 per view and focusing on using Per Mille (Like every 1000) rather than simply getting clicks or views. I find that if the video image or the video promo is good and funny/engaging then I get more views for cheaper than per click.

Also on another note: I usually grab the top keywords from the top youtube videos simply by typing in the keywords I'm looking for, then going to the top videos (top views + within last month) and then grabbing the keywords by hitting page=>source and then searching for the term 'keywords' (without quotes). This gives me a list of relavent keywords and I'm able to rank well.

I also make sure that I have super engaging images so that people will be compelled to click on the video to see it.

Please respond as to your strategies and processes and lets see if we can make a huge set of posts with feedback! :)

Abhinav
I spend $0 on advertising. I normally just optimize my SEO by messing with the tags and title and doing a basic common search query to see where my video shows up in the search results. One good example is typing in "GoPro Dog", my video is third and is wedged between videos with millions of views, mine has far less but I did something right lol. As far as advertising, I use social media and try to find popular pages that will share my content. I have most of my success on Facebook pages, but Tumblr and Twitter have worked for me as well. My biggest successful social media example was Twitter, I got a TON of views on a video that had practically no views from one successful tweet. You just have to get creative.

Reactions: Redford1900