~Poll~Curiousity and Opinions about gaming (please vote at least!)

What do you think makes a good gaming video?

• webcam overlay

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • video effects

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • new games

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • old games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • obscure games

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • original music/art

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

Marriagestart

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So, i'm curious. i'd like to compile a list for a project i am working on currently. What do YOU think makes a good youtube channel? is it new games? is it editting effects, and if so: what kind?. is it the way the gamer dresses? anything you can think of! I'm still new and working on my own things, but i'd like some opinions and ideas as well. I'm also working on a top list and a few other things. so what do you think?

Lakeyb85

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
being honest, none of those. thats nothing to do with the gaming aspect, thats what affects etc. A good gaming video has to have gameplay where someone is good at the game. not running ang getting these easy headshots or tripple kills against lower ranked players. Or make a series or set yourself challenges. ive made a C&c generals cseries on my channel where i go through each map on hardest and beat the comp. ive not prmoted it and already is over 10 views in 1 day when i have only 15 subs. be creative, if its shooters you play try and set yourself a goal. i like to go for stealth defuses and knifes in CSGO which is bloody hard! new games obviously get you more exposure as people are seatching for them so tutorilas nad walkthroughs are always good. or if you want an old game, make one but dont expect views to rack up straight away as its more for the nostalgia and people like to come back and look at the stuff people do

Marriagestart

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm looking at it as more of a gaming entertainment channel. I don't think skill plays a role in it. plus I don't really do shooters or ranked games. i'm not trying to be a tournament gamer or E-gamer. but i do appreciate the input! Thanks man.

AlexGotBeats

Blessed & Cursed
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Since i'm not really about that gaming life to me it would be a webcam overlay a big webcam overlay like full screen and preferably with a gorgeous woman that cusses and makes goog jokes that would keep me entertained :roflmao2:

Lakeyb85

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
ok fair enough then yes, creat a really nice overlay. make sure yourweb cam is crisp. no point showing yourself if its all blury. clear mic. and lots of interaction

Reactions: Marriagestart

Super Pawsitive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Fellow gamer and reviewer here. This is my input since the little poll didn't have much for me to work off of.

I would argue that its the personality and production value that makes a good gaming channel. I could care less if you have a facecam if the actual content is not entertaining. I couldn't care less about the games you're playing if your personality is engaging.

Keep in mind that people won't be subscribing to you for the games you cover, as opposed to the personality covering them. Keep production value high. Enjoy making the content you do. And you'll be better off than a good percentage of people I know :)

Rails2Revolution

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
None for me as well.

It's all about making entertainment, whether this be through personality alone, funny editing, skillful gameplay to exemplify, or a mix of all three... at the end of the day you're creating a video in the world of entertainment and you could have all of the options listed but without having the mindset to make a video that entertains your audience, it could turn out just another boring video.

Similarly I dont think you need any of those things to make a "good" gaming video, but if you already have a good video those things can be put on top to emphasize you persona

Techy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Other
combination of GOOD editing and personality is what I love in any gaming video

Insidific

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Like is being said none of that really matters for a gaming video.
Let's be honest the most important part of a gaming video is the game.
And then how either entertaining you are or informative. Etc.