Please review our 2 Min Movie Review of an amazing bad film called Samurai Cop

TwoTakes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hi!

Any feedback generally- especially the music, editing and the flow as these are the areas we have been focusing on improving recently.
Thanks guys, you're awesome =]

Martyvader

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I need to see this film now! Seriously though I really liked the editing. It felt very professional and the pacing was nice. If I had to critique I would tell a little bit more about the film up front. I felt like I still didn't know much about the movie. Of course that may just be the movies fault and not your own. Really really enjoyed it :) oh, a switch up in the music would be nice if possible.

Reactions: TwoTakes

TheAlphaJayShow

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, there is a lot you do well, and a lot you can improve on.

The music is nice, a bit loud since your not projecting your voice. The video is short and was straight to the point. The content itself was good, with the script being concise and the visuals great but not too distracting. I believe the extra graphics you used (the sun, the objection guy, etc.) were all nice choices.

One pretty major (in my opinion) problem is that you exported your video at a weird aspect ratio. Either that, or you did something to garner the black lines on the side of your video. This shouldn't be a problem because you're working with graphics and not a webcam or anything of the sort. I feel as though with the background music you restart it at points, and that gets distracting. The movie's audio is louder than you so you need to lower that in future videos.

Also, this is just a personal preference, but since the clips you shown didn't have its own music in the background, you could just leave the background music playing. Also you say certain soundbites ("Precisely" , "You need this film in your life", etc.) which would have a better impact without the music in the background, or if you so choose, then you would want to emphasize that in your voice. Remember, as a reviewer, you are a curator and you want your choice to be considered. So in a way, you're persuading/informing, thus you need to make sure whatever your main point is, they take that away primarily.

Jake Shipe

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Awesome video! It looked really good overall. My only suggestion would be to bring the audio down a little bit, and also to try to have the man and the woman talk at the same level because the man was a little bit softer. Great video!

Reactions: TwoTakes

TwoTakes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I need to see this film now! Seriously though I really liked the editing. It felt very professional and the pacing was nice. If I had to critique I would tell a little bit more about the film up front. I felt like I still didn't know much about the movie. Of course that may just be the movies fault and not your own. Really really enjoyed it :) oh, a switch up in the music would be nice if possible.
Thanks for the feedback- its really appreciated! We skimped on details to try keep it nice and short but next time we'll add a bit more background in too!

One pretty major (in my opinion) problem is that you exported your video at a weird aspect ratio. Either that, or you did something to garner the black lines on the side of your video. This shouldn't be a problem because you're working with graphics and not a webcam or anything of the sort. I feel as though with the background music you restart it at points, and that gets distracting. The movie's audio is louder than you so you need to lower that in future videos.
Thank you for the really thorough feedback! You are spot on about the aspect ratio, we will definitely address it for our next video.
Awesome video! It looked really good overall. My only suggestion would be to bring the audio down a little bit, and also to try to have the man and the woman talk at the same level because the man was a little bit softer. Great video!
Thank you too for your feedback! It definitely seems we need to address the balance of the audio so will be extra careful going forward.

If any of you guys want reviews of videos/channel- link me and I'd be happy to! =]