Please Review my channel

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
Hello fellow community I am struggling to get any attention to my channel. Please review aspects of my channel and give me feedback so I can see what I should or shouldn't change.

Please review:
-Overall design
-Branding
-Icon and Banner picture
-Opening Video

Thank you so much:

crazy-logic

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
So first impressions - banner font on background is harder than it needs be to see - white on white is never good. Also - what's the channel about, not shown in banner....

Loose the 'white boy vlog' playlist from the channel page - if someone wants to search it they'll find it, but too easy to cause offence. haven't looked at the content, just a first observation comment.

Haven't looked at anything else - but your secrets in soc video, it was 30 seconds before i knew what the video was about - and 48 before the content actually arrived. Have a look at
- one key difference is that he (Mark Rober) hooks you in with the finish and then brings you along his journey, i know if i want to watch within seconds, and then i'm constantly dragged into the video as i want to know HOW and WHY. this gets rid of the people watching a little and then dropping off and improved the viewing time therefore retention which is a HUUUUUGE youtube metric.. check out some of the channels other videos as their insight to larger channels is somewhat useful.

Hope this helps and i would be curious as to what you think of my channel from i think a very different segment.

Reactions: LandyVlad
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
Thank you I have taken some of your feedback on board I'm not sure it will help my channel what I've done . And yes I will look at your channel. I appreciate the review a lot.

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
A mix of general and specific advice for you.

You need get in VERY early what the video will be about - before any branding etc etc.
This tells the viewer if its something they want to bother with.
When doing so you need to give them a reason to watch on - tell them what they will get out of the video.

Make sure you DELIVER what you said you would.

If what you want to say or show in a video takes 5 minutes, don't drag it out into a long video. (You seem to have this covered :up2: )

As far as actual filming is concerned:

Does you camera have stabilisation? If so, turn it on.

If you are planning on doing a lot of walk around vlogging, invest in a gimbal
see this article to see what I am talking about The best gimbals for your iPhone, GoPro, mirrorless camera or DSLR in 2021 | Digital Camera World
No need to buy anything really expensive. Just get one with decent stabilisation and don't worry about all the luxury features.

I see the camera jumps around a lot. e.g. a video where you are in a shop. This feels jarring to me as a viewer - try to be smoother when filming.

I find it interesting you have a video titled "HOW NOT TO BLOG VLOG VIDEO"
I wasn't able to listen to it as I have no speaker on this computer I on at the moment, so it might have been for a reason (other than showing of your guitar collection :up2: ) but I;d avoid the 'all your body in the frame thing' generally speaking. Stick mostly to upper body or shoulders & head - looking directly into the camera lens, to increase engagement. Humans naturally seek eye contact and when its missing it can feel wrong. Doesn't need to be constant eye contact of course, but there should be some.

Hope that helps

Reactions: Christopher Gainz

Vedstedsen

Globus Travellus
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I quickly glanced at your two latest videos. The biggest problem is the sound quality. Your sound quality will get people to get away from your video quickly, regardless if the rest of the video is high quality.
Bad watch time = bad views.

You can get an external microphone for next to nothing these days. Worthwhile investment. :)