Playlists not appearing in search results

Status
Not open for further replies.

N R R

Hello.
I have a channel with many videos and playlists.
All my playlists are on "public", but non of them appear in search results when I search for the exact title, not even when I narrow the search to playlists only.
Some of my playlists appear in GOOGLE search results though... The same playlists that come up on google don't come up on youtube!
Can anybody please try to help me understand why?

Thanks!

It would be nice to Introduce Yourself before you post a new thread , we have a section just for introducing. As Reina said , we have users signing up only for a few questions , then see ya ! :([DOUBLEPOST=1369268913,1369268799][/DOUBLEPOST]To answer your question , i have no clue whats going on lol :( , check to make sure those playlists ARE private , or just create a new playlist with the same videos & delete the old one , hope this helps :)

You do mean searching on YouTube rather than just on your channel, right?

Beyond that, channel descriptions, channel size, and perhaps video stats all factor into if a playlist is shown or not. There are probably hidden factors too as this isn't generally the most common goal of a channel, rather individual videos are targeted for search hits.

I'm sorry - didn't mean to be rude... I just thought those "hello, I am X" posts are spammy and nobody even reads them...guess I was wrong?
I'll be more specific:

I have hundreds of videos and hundreds of playlists.
The videos are ok - showing up on youtube search....
The playlists don't come up even when I search for the exact playlist's title and narrow the search to only show playlists (I'm talking about youtube search).
I do see other irrelevant playlists when I do it - but not even a single one of the few hundreds I have.
I checked many strings and apparently non of my playlists are coming up in ANY search in youtube's engine.

I did find a strange case where if I search for a string (of 1 specific playlist) on google - I get a result from youtube which is my playlist and if I click it it takes me to the playlist on youtube.
Then if I search for the same thing on youtube the playlist doesn't come up!

All my playlists are on "public" and I see the public icon next to them when I browse them under my account...

If you guys add a playlist and make it public - how long until it's coming up in youtube's search result for an exact search?[DOUBLEPOST=1369271835,1369271706][/DOUBLEPOST]
You do mean searching on YouTube rather than just on your channel, right?

yes. I'm interested in people who had never seen my channel finding my playlists when they search on youtube.
some of my playlists have titles (and content) that should attract some traffic...[DOUBLEPOST=1369356954][/DOUBLEPOST]so...nobody else has an idea? this is really strange...

I'm sorry - didn't mean to be rude... I just thought those "hello, I am X" posts are spammy and nobody even reads them...guess I was wrong?
I'll be more specific:

I have hundreds of videos and hundreds of playlists.
The videos are ok - showing up on youtube search....
The playlists don't come up even when I search for the exact playlist's title and narrow the search to only show playlists (I'm talking about youtube search).
I do see other irrelevant playlists when I do it - but not even a single one of the few hundreds I have.
I checked many strings and apparently non of my playlists are coming up in ANY search in youtube's engine.

I did find a strange case where if I search for a string (of 1 specific playlist) on google - I get a result from youtube which is my playlist and if I click it it takes me to the playlist on youtube.
Then if I search for the same thing on youtube the playlist doesn't come up!

All my playlists are on "public" and I see the public icon next to them when I browse them under my account...

If you guys add a playlist and make it public - how long until it's coming up in youtube's search result for an exact search?[DOUBLEPOST=1369271835,1369271706][/DOUBLEPOST]

yes. I'm interested in people who had never seen my channel finding my playlists when they search on youtube.
some of my playlists have titles (and content) that should attract some traffic...[DOUBLEPOST=1369356954][/DOUBLEPOST]so...nobody else has an idea? this is really strange...

I have the same problem. YouTube is violating you despite the fact that you have broken no rule.
It's censorship pure and simple.

I have the same problem. YouTube is violating you despite the fact that you have broken no rule.
It's censorship pure and simple.

Hi and welcome to YTtalk. :)

This thread is old. Please don't bump very old threads - It is likely that some of the people are no longer active here and it is very confusing for those who are. ^^

Tip: You can see when a member was last online by hovering your cursor over their username below their avatar.

Feel free to start a new thread discussing this topic or reply to a more recent existing thread (less than 2 months old is recommended.)

(This thread is now locked.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back