Pixel dropping are certain parts of my video, can anyone help me understand why?

James West

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi there,

Ive recently uploaded a new video and i get pixel dropping around where i have time lapses with in the video, which are not in the original out of premiere:

01:32
02:05
03:42
03:56
05:29
06:15
06:48
10:19

Definitely most noticeable at: 01:32-01:42

My question is why may this be happening, im assuming its to do with the compression of the 3.14 GB file, how to do i fix it?

Im trying to post a link to my video but it wont let me, can anyone help with out the example?

Below is my export settings.

Attachments

Last edited:

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi there,

Ive recently uploaded a new video and i get pixel dropping around where i have time lapses with in the video, which are not in the original out of premiere:

01:32
02:05
03:42
03:56
05:29
06:15
06:48
10:19

Definitely most noticeable at: 01:32-01:42

My question is why may this be happening, im assuming its to do with the compression of the 3.14 GB file, how to do i fix it?

Im trying to post a link to my video but it wont let me, can anyone help with out the example?

Below is my export settings.
You can't post links as a new member, it's a way of preventing spam. I had a look at the video but I honestly don't see anything wrong it, even after replaying it over and over again. Great footage btw!

Reactions: James West

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I took a look at your most recent video and to me the image quality is beautiful and perfect. After watching it from beginning to end I see no problems with it. Which makes me wonder if it might be your Internet connection speed and auto-settings on Youtube when it comes to buffering video.

Youtube will downgrade quality when it comes to buffering if left on auto so the video does not stop playing and play smoothly. So for a minute it can be 1080p but then drastically shoot to 480p even. The little gear in the video player shows this.

I'm not 100% sure if that may be the issue. But it's what came to mind when looking at your most recent video. :O! Good job by the way on that image quality.

Edit: I can see a slight drop at the 1:32-1:42 marks as you said. Maybe it's because the image is sped up drastically...but what are your project settings and rendering settings by any chance? Any information would help. :O!

James West

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You can't post links as a new member, it's a way of preventing spam. I had a look at the video but I honestly don't see anything wrong it, even after replaying it over and over again. Great footage btw!
Thank u dude, the issue is definitely there, from what ive been told its call macroblocking.[DOUBLEPOST=1513784660,1513784046][/DOUBLEPOST]
I took a look at your most recent video and to me the image quality is beautiful and perfect. After watching it from beginning to end I see no problems with it. Which makes me wonder if it might be your Internet connection speed and auto-settings on Youtube when it comes to buffering video.

Youtube will downgrade quality when it comes to buffering if left on auto so the video does not stop playing and play smoothly. So for a minute it can be 1080p but then drastically shoot to 480p even. The little gear in the video player shows this.

I'm not 100% sure if that may be the issue. But it's what came to mind when looking at your most recent video. :O! Good job by the way on that image quality.

Edit: I can see a slight drop at the 1:32-1:42 marks as you said. Maybe it's because the image is sped up drastically...but what are your project settings and rendering settings by any chance? Any information would help. :O!
Thank you for your kind word and help.

Ive watched it set to 1080p not auto and its definitely still there. Admittingly it is not a terrible affect on the video over all but its definitely there from what ive been told its call macroblocking.

Ive attached my settings.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Attachments