Pitch and Auto tuning plugins

Diversified Unison

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Other
Hi!! I'm not a big fan of auto tuning but I think I'm to the point that I have to use it for one of my artist. I'm currently using Cubase and all the plugins that come with it. What type of plugins you are using? Need some suggestion. I want to try third party plugins but not sure what should I go for... Thanks!

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I tend to use the K-Lite Codec pack for all my plug ins. Comes with about everything and makes converting, rendering and do simple things on my computer much more hassle free. Granted I also heard Cubase does a pretty good job too. =] Hope that helps.

Reactions: Diversified Unison

Diversified Unison

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
I tend to use the K-Lite Codec pack for all my plug ins. Comes with about everything and makes converting, rendering and do simple things on my computer much more hassle free. Granted I also heard Cubase does a pretty good job too. =] Hope that helps.
Thanks that helps. Never tried the K-lite but I'll give it a try.

Oliver Lesh

Reaction score
Hi, if you are able to use Image-Line FL Studio, try using Newtone plugin that comes with it (not sure, though, if it comes with all versions or only with Producer edition and above). It gets the job done, doing some minor enhancements can be done there pretty easily. Not gonna lie, I've used it when doing my cover, because I was so nervous when recording it and my voice was very shaky... If only that shaking was a sign of the natural vibrato finally making its way to my voice. Spoiler: it wasn't :confused:
However, if you already have the Steinberg Cubase, you probably won't want/need to use another DAW for pitch perfecting those vocals. In that case, the plugin called Melodyne should do you the best. From what I've read it is more convenient, but I haven't tried it myself, so I can't tell you my opinion on it... All I can tell from screenshots is that its user interface looks similar to Newtone's, so it should be really simple to use.
Hope this helped... If not, well, at least I've tried :oops:

Reactions: Diversified Unison

Diversified Unison

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Hi, if you are able to use Image-Line FL Studio, try using Newtone plugin that comes with it (not sure, though, if it comes with all versions or only with Producer edition and above). It gets the job done, doing some minor enhancements can be done there pretty easily. Not gonna lie, I've used it when doing my cover, because I was so nervous when recording it and my voice was very shaky... If only that shaking was a sign of the natural vibrato finally making its way to my voice. Spoiler: it wasn't :confused:
However, if you already have the Steinberg Cubase, you probably won't want/need to use another DAW for pitch perfecting those vocals. In that case, the plugin called Melodyne should do you the best. From what I've read it is more convenient, but I haven't tried it myself, so I can't tell you my opinion on it... All I can tell from screenshots is that its user interface looks similar to Newtone's, so it should be really simple to use.
Hope this helped... If not, well, at least I've tried :oops:
Hey thanks for the detail info. I've never used this kind of plugin before. So I'm really curious to see how it will turn out.

Reactions: Oliver Lesh

MC'01

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I tend to use the K-Lite Codec pack for all my plug ins..
K-Lite Codec Pack are the systems plug-ins and do not include any of Auto-Tune or other audio plugins what so ever.
Hi, if you are able to use Image-Line FL Studio, try using Newtone plugin that comes with it (not sure, though, if it comes with all versions or only with Producer edition and above).
NewTone is an advanced Auto-Tune plugin for FL Studio, you can change the pitch, the formant or even add a vibrato.
Celemony Melodyne works the same way and is an independent program.
I use both of these for my Auto-Tune remixes.
If you want to have a regular, "robotic" Auto-Tune, you can just download a free VST plugin called "GSnap". It works fine even with Audacity!

Diversified Unison

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
K-Lite Codec Pack are the systems plug-ins and do not include any of Auto-Tune or other audio plugins what so ever.

NewTone is an advanced Auto-Tune plugin for FL Studio, you can change the pitch, the formant or even add a vibrato.
Celemony Melodyne works the same way and is an independent program.
I use both of these for my Auto-Tune remixes.
If you want to have a regular, "robotic" Auto-Tune, you can just download a free VST plugin called "GSnap". It works fine even with Audacity!
Thanks!