Personal editing/recording softwares!

KacperDzn

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Hello guys,
Personally, for recording I use Camtasia Studio 9 recorder. This is great for me as it is very simple to set up and is lag-free. If you are a gamer, I'd recommend OBS (Open Broadcast Software) as if you use the right settings you can get some clean gaming videos!

After I record In Camtasia, I cut out any parts I don't need, speed the video up (If I am doing a speed-art) and then render it out.

Now I have my clip, I open Sony VEGAS Pro 15 and import my clip. I add my intro at the start. Place advertising lower thirds throughout the video, add non-copyright music in the background - which I get from the YouTube channel: No Copy Right Sounds - and add a color correction to the video for extra effect. I then add any needed text and import my outro into the video. Now I usually use the same music I used throughout the video for the outro but just turn the volume up as it gives a nice effect. I make the outro 30 seconds long because thats the general time for YouTube end screens. - When I add the lower thirds, I add a sound effect when they come in so it grabs the viewers attention.

There's the video done! Now I go into Photoshop and make a eye catching thumbnail and BOOM!
I really hope this helped.

veronica33067

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello guys,
Personally, for recording I use Camtasia Studio 9 recorder. This is great for me as it is very simple to set up and is lag-free. If you are a gamer, I'd recommend OBS (Open Broadcast Software) as if you use the right settings you can get some clean gaming videos!

After I record In Camtasia, I cut out any parts I don't need, speed the video up (If I am doing a speed-art) and then render it out.

Now I have my clip, I open Sony VEGAS Pro 15 and import my clip. I add my intro at the start. Place advertising lower thirds throughout the video, add non-copyright music in the background - which I get from the YouTube channel: No Copy Right Sounds - and add a color correction to the video for extra effect. I then add any needed text and import my outro into the video. Now I usually use the same music I used throughout the video for the outro but just turn the volume up as it gives a nice effect. I make the outro 30 seconds long because thats the general time for YouTube end screens. - When I add the lower thirds, I add a sound effect when they come in so it grabs the viewers attention.

There's the video done! Now I go into Photoshop and make a eye catching thumbnail and BOOM!
I really hope this helped.
I like your first speed art video! I just subscribed to your channel! I'm going to watch the Twitter Headline one now! :blush:

:thumbsup2:

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I use OBS and Adobe Premiere for my speed edits :)

Reaction score
I mainly use Adobe Premiere Pro as my editing software. But I also use iMovie for some of my videos.

I use both Bandicam and OBS for recording.

Jamiemcg

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I use the premium version of Screencast-O-Matic to record (and rarely edit) videos. I discovered their software several years ago and liked that it was easy to start using without the need to download and install any large or cumbersome programs. (I do have the program downloaded on my computer now, though.)

Hello guys,
Personally, for recording I use Camtasia Studio 9 recorder. This is great for me as it is very simple to set up and is lag-free.
I actually looked into Camtasia recently, as it seems to offer a decent set of features without having a steep learning curve, like some of the more heavy-duty editing programs out there. How do you like Camtasia's recording abilities? My videos are mainly screen recordings, so I'd be interested to know what you think.

When it comes to editing, how does Camtasia compare to something like Windows Movie Maker or iMovie?

Jamie

Drawingkids

Reaction score
I am using Wondershare Filmora for editing, but for my full videos i am using: Wondershare Filmora, Adobe Photoshop CC 2017, Adobe After Effects CC 2017 and Icecream Screen Recorder :)
But for game recording i think OBS is the best :)

Last edited by a moderator:

KacperDzn

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I use the premium version of Screencast-O-Matic to record (and rarely edit) videos. I discovered their software several years ago and liked that it was easy to start using without the need to download and install any large or cumbersome programs. (I do have the program downloaded on my computer now, though.)

I actually looked into Camtasia recently, as it seems to offer a decent set of features without having a steep learning curve, like some of the more heavy-duty editing programs out there. How do you like Camtasia's recording abilities? My videos are mainly screen recordings, so I'd be interested to know what you think.

When it comes to editing, how does Camtasia compare to something like Windows Movie Maker or iMovie?

Jamie
In my opinion, camtasia is better than windows movie maker, and iMovie. Because It has the equivalent of Sony vegas pro, however doesnt include advanced stuff like sony vegas does, but crams that into an easy-to-use editing software.

KacperDzn

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I am using Wondershare Filmora for editing, but for my full videos i am using: Wondershare Filmora, Adobe Photoshop CC 2017, Adobe After Effects CC 2017 and Icecream Screen Recorder :)
But for game recording i think OBS is the best :)
I agree, OBS is the best for game recording, However if you have after effects, I would recommend using that to edit instead of wondershare filmora as it is more professional.