People who upload wayy too much

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Does anyone else feel that some people on YouTube upload wayy too much in one day?

I love The Young Turks don't get me wrong, but 10 videos in the same day?? Really? that adds up to 50 videos in one week.

Why can't they just upload a long video like say an hour and mark times of the video to where certain news clips are? Wouldn't that be a whole lot better than spamming their subscribers?

I'm serioulsy considering unsubscribing from them because their videos fill up my feed and I can't see anyone else.

Reactions: CMTXRATED

Mello Fello's

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Omg dude I subbed to them for like a week and literally unsubbed for the same reason. So from the viewer perspective, yeah it's too much lol

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Omg dude I subbed to them for like a week and literally unsubbed for the same reason. So from the viewer perspective, yeah it's too much lol
LOL

I'd rather follow them on Twitter and put them in a list. Then I can go to that list and follow what videos they post on youtube.

Reactions: chottom

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
At the end of the day, they're getting close to 1,500 subscribers daily and close to 2.5 million views. They're in the top 600 most subscribed channel, and they know what they're doing.

If they made a long video and simply marked the times for each segment, that would destroy their audience audience retention percentage. They're doing the right thing for a news channel.

Reactions: Colormyfootsteps

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
At the end of the day, they're getting close to 1,500 subscribers daily and close to 2.5 million views. They're in the top 600 most subscribed channel, and they know what they're doing.

If they made a long video and simply marked the times for each segment, that would destroy their audience audience retention percentage. They're doing the right thing for a news channel.
not if they are losing subscribers. The could mark time code for each segment or at least hide certain videos from their subscribers then post the rest in the community tab.

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
not if they are losing subscribers. The could mark time code for each segment or at least hide certain videos from their subscribers then post the rest in the community tab.
From a business perspective, it seems they're doing the right thing. Every channel especially as you get bigger will lose subscribers for whatever reason. What matters is if you're getting more than you're losing. Also watch time and audience retention for each video are one of the most important factors. I'm subscribed to a few news channel and I can tell you, that what you recommend would annoy me. I like looking at a channel's list of videos and selecting from there. I don't care too much about my home feed.

Reactions: JesusGreen

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
From a business perspective, it seems they're doing the right thing. Every channel especially as you get bigger will lose subscribers for whatever reason. What matters is if you're getting more than you're losing. Also watch time and audience retention for each video are one of the most important factors. I'm subscribed to a few news channel and I can tell you, that what you recommend would annoy me. I like looking at a channel's list of videos and selecting from there. I don't care too much about my home feed.
If all you care about is looking at a channel's list of videos why do you subscribe?

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
If all you care about is looking at a channel's list of videos why do you subscribe?
The column on my left shows a list of channels I'm subscribed to and it displays how many new videos they have uploaded since I last visited. And it also easily allows me to find them.

Reactions: Anti-Hype

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Money, they clearly don't care about their fanbase if they upload that much.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
This is why I'm going upload one or two videos to my film channel and link to other ones that are hidden in the subscription feed if I have to much at one time.