People make videos with fame songs and don't get striked and even get money?

Alexander Nedelchev

Hello, friends!
I just thought of that and didn't found the answer.
I saw channels with Top 10 videos, for an example: "Top 10 Songs In 2017"
How does they do that? Isn't that breaking the copyright rules. Even if the video isn't striked and shutted down.. how do they monetize it when they don't have rights and I am pretty sure they don't ?

My guess would be some people's networks allow them to use certain songs, or maybe their account is partnered with some sort of network or radio station that has the rights to do so.

My guess would be some people's networks allow them to use certain songs, or maybe their account is partnered with some sort of network or radio station that has the rights to do so.

SofloAntonio did the same just a couple of years ago, which a lot of people called him out for!
Basically I want to make a "Top 10 Songs" kind of a video. What do I do ? I know there should be a way, because there are a lot of videos like that that are monetized and everything is OK.

On a computer go to youtube.com > click your top right profile picture > click creator studio > go down the left column and click create > and then click two options down where it will say music policies

Here, you can enter a title of a song and view its policies. All popular songs are pretty much copyrighted, and using copyrighted songs means you wont have to option to make money off of the video. Most popular songs that you may choose use in videos will force you to show advertisements, and some songs will completely be removed from YouTube all together and may even get you in a little YouTube trouble. The "music policies" thing will help you find that out. NOTE: at ANY time any copyright holder can change their policy ! So lets pretend someone came out with a song and said "everyone can use this song for FREE anywhere they like" , then this person changes their mind the next day and says "now no one could use my song anywhere". In this case any video with this song would be removed !

After doing a quick check for "top songs of 2016" I did notice most of the YouTube users who put those videos out are TV networks or music labels who have gotten the permission from the artist

can people like us do this :
I would say probably not - I wouldn't try it. Any time you use copyrighted music your putting your channel at risk.

Some smaller channels that DO pull this off somehow got past YouTubes automatic "song check system" but as these people get thousands of views the system re-checks their videos and finds out that they have been using this material and the video gets taken down.
Now what I don't know is how some channels such as "Top Songs 2017" ( UCNBnqn62Ea7YQzVeW6ILwBA ) are somehow getting away with this !? As you an see this guy is clearly breaking the rules, I may be wrong but I don't think this dude is a music company and I wouldn't be surprised if he got his channel taken down or if he gets taken to court.

On a computer go to youtube.com > click your top right profile picture > click creator studio > go down the left column and click create > and then click two options down where it will say music policies

Here, you can enter a title of a song and view its policies. All popular songs are pretty much copyrighted, and using copyrighted songs means you wont have to option to make money off of the video. Most popular songs that you may choose use in videos will force you to show advertisements, and some songs will completely be removed from YouTube all together and may even get you in a little YouTube trouble. The "music policies" thing will help you find that out. NOTE: at ANY time any copyright holder can change their policy ! So lets pretend someone came out with a song and said "everyone can use this song for FREE anywhere they like" , then this person changes their mind the next day and says "now no one could use my song anywhere". In this case any video with this song would be removed !

After doing a quick check for "top songs of 2016" I did notice most of the YouTube users who put those videos out are TV networks or music labels who have gotten the permission from the artist

can people like us do this :
I would say probably not - I wouldn't try it. Any time you use copyrighted music your putting your channel at risk.

Some smaller channels that DO pull this off somehow got past YouTubes automatic "song check system" but as these people get thousands of views the system re-checks their videos and finds out that they have been using this material and the video gets taken down.
Now what I don't know is how some channels such as "Top Songs 2017" ( UCNBnqn62Ea7YQzVeW6ILwBA ) are somehow getting away with this !? As you an see this guy is clearly breaking the rules, I may be wrong but I don't think this dude is a music company and I wouldn't be surprised if he got his channel taken down or if he gets taken to court.
Thank you, explains a lot.
Let's say I want to be like the TV Network, what do I do ?
Do I message them personally, begging them like 4 years old begging for a toy or ?

Also, just because the video is monetized does not mean they "got away with it" .. those ads could be from/for the copyright holders.

So I'm going to make an analogy here, not so much for you Alexander but also for new people reading this !

This situation is comparable to a movie theater. If i decided to put a sign on my house that says "watch movies here for $1" , and I'm showing the latest films at my house for $1 to the public, I can get arrested. The reason being that people took their time and talent to make that movie, and I'm showing it to people without the movie creators receiving what THEY deem a fair cut of the money. Movie theaters on the other hand ARE aloud to show movies because they have agreements with Disney, WB, etc.

It's the same thing for YouTube and using copyright music.

The TVnetworks, and Music Radio Companies are NOT the people you need to beg and message personally. (That would be like begging your local movie theater to allow you to sell tickets for people to watch StarWars in your house)

The people you would need to get in contact with would be the music publishers - you would need to get in content with Katy Perry and Drake - or the people in charge of them, then you would have to buy the rights to use their songs. They would then get a cut of the monitization money from your video and so would you ! This is similar to how a movie theater has a contact Disney to pay them large amounts of money to show one of their movies, when a tickets sell's - Disney gets some money and so does the theater.

So if you 100% must make this top ten video LEGALLY you will need to own a Radio Station / Music Network of some sort, and you will also need a VERY LARGE some of money to pay Drake, Ariana Grande, etc to use their songs. ( this is why spotify has so many ads - and this is why the radio station has ads too ! The song writers get paid this way which is also why downloading music off the internet is illegal - how is Drake getting paid if you're getting to listen to his song for free)

To answer your original question "how are some people monetizing famous songs" :
The people who do this legally have lots of money and probably own a radio station ! The people who do this illegally are just so happening to get away with it somehow - and eventually they will be caught.

so instead of
"how do I post famous songs on YouTube ?"
You need to ask is:
"What step do I need to take to become a music radio network thing so that I can post famous songs on YouTube"

And sadly Myself and many people probably can not answer that question.
I don't know how to start a radio station.

After the thousands of dollars you would have to potentially spend to make this YouTube video LEGALLY you must remember that it does not ensure your videos success.
After you go through all the work to become a music network someone like MTV could steal your idea and have way more success because they have thousands of subscribers already ):

However I can see your determined to do this Alexander and that's good, so I wish you good luck ! Ask around to more people and maybe get some other answers - I do have a pretty firm understanding on copyright but I belong more in the realm of gaming, as I am a gaming channel. Don't just take this advice from me. Maybe someone has another answer.

Sometime I surprise how this channel earn a lot when we caught on copyright issue. But One thing you can used music video just cc like creative commons rules. But I not sure you earn from cc video.

So I'm going to make an analogy here, not so much for you Alexander but also for new people reading this !

This situation is comparable to a movie theater. If i decided to put a sign on my house that says "watch movies here for $1" , and I'm showing the latest films at my house for $1 to the public, I can get arrested. The reason being that people took their time and talent to make that movie, and I'm showing it to people without the movie creators receiving what THEY deem a fair cut of the money. Movie theaters on the other hand ARE aloud to show movies because they have agreements with Disney, WB, etc.

It's the same thing for YouTube and using copyright music.

The TVnetworks, and Music Radio Companies are NOT the people you need to beg and message personally. (That would be like begging your local movie theater to allow you to sell tickets for people to watch StarWars in your house)

The people you would need to get in contact with would be the music publishers - you would need to get in content with Katy Perry and Drake - or the people in charge of them, then you would have to buy the rights to use their songs. They would then get a cut of the monitization money from your video and so would you ! This is similar to how a movie theater has a contact Disney to pay them large amounts of money to show one of their movies, when a tickets sell's - Disney gets some money and so does the theater.

So if you 100% must make this top ten video LEGALLY you will need to own a Radio Station / Music Network of some sort, and you will also need a VERY LARGE some of money to pay Drake, Ariana Grande, etc to use their songs. ( this is why spotify has so many ads - and this is why the radio station has ads too ! The song writers get paid this way which is also why downloading music off the internet is illegal - how is Drake getting paid if you're getting to listen to his song for free)

To answer your original question "how are some people monetizing famous songs" :
The people who do this legally have lots of money and probably own a radio station ! The people who do this illegally are just so happening to get away with it somehow - and eventually they will be caught.

so instead of
"how do I post famous songs on YouTube ?"
You need to ask is:
"What step do I need to take to become a music radio network thing so that I can post famous songs on YouTube"

And sadly Myself and many people probably can not answer that question.
I don't know how to start a radio station.

After the thousands of dollars you would have to potentially spend to make this YouTube video LEGALLY you must remember that it does not ensure your videos success.
After you go through all the work to become a music network someone like MTV could steal your idea and have way more success because they have thousands of subscribers already ):

However I can see your determined to do this Alexander and that's good, so I wish you good luck ! Ask around to more people and maybe get some other answers - I do have a pretty firm understanding on copyright but I belong more in the realm of gaming, as I am a gaming channel. Don't just take this advice from me. Maybe someone has another answer.
Thank you!
You explained a lot and for my luck I understood it perfectly.
It seems I am not doing that Top 10, at least not at the moment.
So, I guess I am not adding famous songs to my videos either, but that's not a big issue.
Thank you very much again for the time you spent answering my question.

Back