WillYoutuber

Hey guys,

I'm hoping you guys have smart ideas that can help.
I started my piano tutorial channel 5 months ago, It picked up momentum very quickly and views has grown in high numbers. Earnings however has been stagnant throughout.

Some Stats
15k - 20k with the average daily earnings of .70c USD.
Over 4,000 subscribers and growing 50+ per day.
85% of traffic is locally searched through youtube
96% Thumbs up
10% of my monetized Videos are copyright shared with the labels and publishers.
9% of my views are monetized playbacks (obviously this is a concern)

After the countless hours i put into my channel i'm highly motivated to recieve what will be my first payout, (currently sitting at $65 USD), hoping with your guys brains someone can figure this one out

Thank you,
Appreciate all helpful advice

I believe with the way YouTube works currently, it could be that a lot of people who watch your channel have their adblocker on. I have adblocker myself, and only make exceptions for channels I regularly watch, which means that if I watch music from Vevo and such, I won't get annoying ads. I only find them annoying on very short videos (+- 4 minutes).

From what I've heard, it should be that YouTube ads are worth more around Christmas time due to what companies are paying to have their ads on videos. But of course if people are blocking yours..
The only advice I can really give is that if you have enough people watching your channel (which you appear to have) is to consider the idea of getting supported through Patreon, as a lot of bigger YouTubers are doing. It's very difficult to rely on money from ads alone these days.

I have noticed that some videos with less views earn more than a video with more views. I guess video retention has something to do with it, in one of my videos (the only with with 1k views) the last 300 views has´t earned me anything, but the retention was bad!

What percentage of your views come from those videos though?

I'd be willing to bet, most of them.

Honestly, without being able to see the channel, there's not much we can do to help. 9% of views being monetized is extremely low, but unless he's in Bosnia, uploads vines or something along those lines, there's got to be another factor involved.

What percentage of your views come from those videos though?
I'd be willing to bet, most of them.

Honestly, without being able to see the channel, there's not much we can do to help. 9% of views being monetized is extremely low, but unless he's in Bosnia, uploads vines or something along those lines, there's got to be another factor involved.

Haha they are definitely not vines and im from Australia
Here's a screenshot of my statistics that will give further insight.

upload_2015-11-4_11-10-41.png

upload_2015-11-4_11-14-41.png

upload_2015-11-4_11-10-41.png upload_2015-11-4_11-14-41.png upload_2015-11-4_11-17-37.png

upload_2015-11-4_11-10-41.png upload_2015-11-4_11-14-41.png upload_2015-11-4_11-17-37.png upload_2015-11-4_11-10-41.png upload_2015-11-4_11-14-41.png upload_2015-11-4_11-17-37.png

9% of my views are monetized, what does that mean?
It means that 91 out of 100 of your views were not monetized. E.g. YouTube didn't make any ad revenue so you didn't make any ad revenue. That sounds really low. Can you post a screen shot where it says 9%. I want to make sure you're not looking at a country% of something.

It means that 91 out of 100 of your views were not monetized. E.g. YouTube didn't make any ad revenue so you didn't make any ad revenue. That sounds really low. Can you post a screen shot where it says 9%. I want to make sure you're not looking at a country% of something.

They already did- it shows their estimated monetized playback number at 97,564....roughly 9% of their total views.

They already did- it shows their estimated monetized playback number at 97,564....roughly 9% of their total views.
That's rough. Really low rpm. I'd completely get out of any category that had that low pay out for that many views. Almost impossible to make money. To the original poster. Are other people that are making the same type of videos seeing RPM that low?

Back