Outro vs. Intro vs. none...

Jordan Fountain

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I was wondering what you guys thought of intros and outros.
Do you think outros to videos where the youtuber talks about subscribing and commenting and stuff are cool? I have been doing that for about 4 or 5 months and I think it is a good thing.
I think some people like to get to know the YouTuber, but I do not want to alienate people by coming on screen. What do you think?
What about Intros? Lately I have been putting a 2-sec intro on my videos. What do you think?
Here is an example:

PixieBlossom

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
There are differing opinions on this, but I opt for intros and outros because I feel that videos feel more professional with them.

Reactions: Jordan Fountain

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I for one have always like the outros Jordan. I found them to be quick, simple to the point and well made/presented.

Reactions: Jordan Fountain

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
i hear all kinds of stuff about them I am not sure any of the advice is sound

one guy said no intro's because well that is where your audience is going to decide to stay and watch and your wasting valuable time capturing your audience on your intro..
one guy says outro's are useless cause its at the end and if they were gonna subscribe they will if they stayed to the end

then there is reality.

I leave out an intro and people complain that its not there..
I rarely use outro's but I do sometimes put a big button at the end of the movie.

Then there are the guys that say you have to shove links all over your videos (tgn is big on that advice as are most networks) This last piece of advice I know doesnt work as most people turn annotations off if there are too many lol. In any event for me I think it depends on the video subject. eg: if you decide you want to make a longer movie.. I would say a longer intro is a good thing. However if your video is 1 minute long a single title card is probably best. Me I am stubborn and make full intros no matter what I just try to shorten them on shorter videos.. However I think I am going to move to a title card for shorts soon.. When I get the time to make one :)

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
you can't please everyone.

If you ask me Jordan, you're way ahead of a lot of us, and so you've got to be doing something good. In the end I say go with what YOU like. there are bound to be others that will like the same thing.

Reactions: urbanlamb

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't see anything wrong with having either. They just can't be long an intro to be exact.

Ray The Video Guy

Learn YouTube!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think the outros are great, and if someone doesn't want to see it, they will move on after the actual video is done. As for intros, I think it depends on the video and the nature of the videos. Having one could turn some people away, but I doubt it. Having the intro brands the videos instantly, and that can be a big help. It also makes the videos seem more professional (if they are good).

Reactions: PixieBlossom