Nvidia Shadowplay Mic Quality is Trash Friends; Evidence.

SkylentGames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer

For those similar to me who are doing gaming videos, I just want to suggest you record your audio and video separately or use OBS with a high bit rate. Shadowplay is a great tool for recording footage and game audio, but not your voice at all. It is not professional level and only barely passable maybe if you are streaming but not up to my standards and in the end OBS is a far superior streaming software as a whole too.

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
That's a given, you should be using something that records your commentary audio & gameplay audio into separate tracks to begin with, since ShadowPlay combines the microphone audio into the same track as your gameplay audio.

SkylentGames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Maybe but OBS sounds much better and I think could debate with the quality of separate recording "though you couldn't post process as easily then".

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Maybe but OBS sounds much better and I think could debate with the quality of separate recording "though you couldn't post process as easily then".
Separating audio tracks into different files doesn't effect the quality, if it's effected in some way then it's because the software isn't doing its job right. OBS fortunately has the option to split audio into its own files and that's something I like about it over Shadowplay. But Shadowplay is much less resource hungry on the CPU so I use that + Audacity. I'm slowly making the switch to OBS though.