Not sure if this is the right section to post in... But I was wondering about the averages of RPM and CPM.

Altus

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I just recently hit 1k subs, and my application to YouTube partnership was accepted surprisingly fast (like in 2 days). Today, I got the first look at my revenue statistics since it is usually behind a couple of days. I was just wondering about the average CPM and RPM rates, because I am confused as to how good mine actually are. Additionally, my RPM is far, far lower than my CPM, which (I think) is normal?

Reactions: masbanggel

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the monetization forum. :)

I just recently hit 1k subs, and my application to YouTube partnership was accepted surprisingly fast (like in 2 days). Today, I got the first look at my revenue statistics since it is usually behind a couple of days. I was just wondering about the average CPM and RPM rates, because I am confused as to how good mine actually are. Additionally, my RPM is far, far lower than my CPM, which (I think) is normal?
Yes RPM is always lower than CPM, by definition. - CPM is the gross amount that an advertiser is spending on ads and RPM is from the creator point of view - It's his/her share of that gross amount (the rest goes to YT)

As to what is the average? - It depends on so many factors (country of viewers, time of year, type of content, duration of video)

At one extreme, a video discussing the stock market to US audience with midroll ads during the month of December could have a massive RPM of $5+
At the other extreme, a video discussing poetry to an Indian audience during the month of January with no midrolls could have an RPM of $0.20

Most cases will be somewhere in between the two. :)

Altus

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Moved to the monetization forum. :)

Yes RPM is always lower than CPM, by definition. - CPM is the gross amount that an advertiser is spending on ads and RPM is from the creator point of view - It's his/her share of that gross amount (the rest goes to YT)

As to what is the average? - It depends on so many factors (country of viewers, time of year, type of content, duration of video)

At one extreme, a video discussing the stock market to US audience with midroll ads during the month of December could have a massive RPM of $5+
At the other extreme, a video discussing poetry to an Indian audience during the month of January with no midrolls could have an RPM of $0.20

Most cases will be somewhere in between the two. :)
Alright, I was just wondering because I thought it was a little weird that my CPM is at around $3.30 but my RPM is at like 2 cents. Im averaging about 1500 views a day as of now.

Reactions: Leal

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Alright, I was just wondering because I thought it was a little weird that my CPM is at around $3.30 but my RPM is at like 2 cents. Im averaging about 1500 views a day as of now.

It's too soon for that data to be accurate. YouTube needs time to place ads and then time to have enough data for the stats to be accurate. It will be more meaningful in about a month from now.

Reactions: masbanggel and Leal

Leal

Reaction score
I would be interested if your RPM has increased in a few weeks or so, would be nice if you could post it then :)

Reactions: masbanggel