Not able to unsubscribe to a channel. Help please.

Jack Decker

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I did my annual purging of channels that are dead or I no longer watch when I found one I doubt I ever watched. In fact, I doubt I ever subscribed to it. It is "Adult Swim UK". Even odder, I cannot unsubscribe to it. I have tried multiple times. When I go it is homepage, it indicates that I'm not subscribed to it but, on the listing of my subscriptions, it's there. I've then subscribed and unsubscribed to it multiple times. To no effect. It still is on my subscription list. Anyone have an idea how I can get rid of it?

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
This might be a glitch? You might not actually be subscribed to the channel page you are going to. I don't work for youtube but hear me out.
I went to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13af3Qh-maU
The channel name under the video says Adult Swim UK, but when i click on the channel name, it redirects me to Adult Swim's channel (not UK).
My thought is that Adult Swim has multiple channels that upload but they are all linked to the main Adult Swim channel page. When you click the channel name it brings you to a channel you aren't subscribed to

My idea to fix it is to go to the video link I shared and un-subscribe from that video page, not the channel page.

I've sort of heard of something like this happening before. RocketJump and FreddieW go to the same page. Maybe it's a glitch when channels get linked, which from what I was told is something you can do if you have a direct connection to Youtube Staff.

But hey, that's just a theory... A Youtube Theory. Thanks for reading.

1607987043823.png

fixedsnuffle

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
This might be a glitch? You might not actually be subscribed to the channel page you are going to. I don't work for youtube but hear me out.
I went to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13af3Qh-maU
The channel name under the video says Adult Swim UK, but when i click on the channel name, it redirects me to Adult Swim's channel (not UK).
My thought is that Adult Swim has multiple channels that upload but they are all linked to the main Adult Swim channel page. When you click the channel name it brings you to a channel you aren't subscribed to

My idea to fix it is to go to the video link I shared and un-subscribe from that video page, not the channel page.

I've sort of heard of something like this happening before. RocketJump and FreddieW go to the same page. Maybe it's a glitch when channels get linked, which from what I was told is something you can do if you have a direct connection to Youtube Staff.

But hey, that's just a theory... A Youtube Theory. Thanks for reading.

View attachment 45062
Thanks for this. This is something to keep in mind in the future.

Reactions: Nicekid76