New youtubers who tries to make money will face a hard time :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you're a new youtuber who is trying to make money there is bad news.

According to Andy Slye youtube made a policy change last week so from now on you cannot earn money from video ads if your channel has less than 10,000 total views. Its likely that more changes like this could possibly happen in the feature. So all of those who are below 10.000 total views will not be paid until you reach the minimum requirement.

Its yet again just a reminder to all of us that:
You can't be successful on YouTube without first getting views.
And getting a large amount of consistent views is so important.

The reason to why they are doing this is that when they opened their partner program 5 years ago
some people were also creating accounts that uploaded content owned by other people, sometimes big record labels or movie studios and also other popular YouTube creators.

So in an effort to combat these bad actors, they announced this new change to its partner program.
So creators won’t be able to turn on monetization until they hit 10,000 lifetime views on their channel.

YouTube believes that this threshold will give them a chance to gather enough information on a channel to know if it’s legit. And it won’t be so high as to discourage new independent creators from signing up for the service.

Its understandable that they want to eliminate this kind of threat but the solution they have choosed is hitting all of us who tries to make a channel of our own :(

Just wanted to share this with you guys as it is a pretty big news.

Take care :)

Best,
Oliver

Last edited:

Mcrocks9

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It does suck but at most you might out 100 dollars. People's cpm are not really high anyways. Like my cpm is only .75 and it range between .10 to 10 dollars. Personally I'm not worried about it. I like what I do.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I heard that before I started doing Youtube, Youtube had a policy that you can only put monetisation on a video, if id had over 10.000 views. so 10k Lifetime views isn´t that bad.

But I see why it could be demoralising to see that at first. But it also seems like most (not all of course) do it for the money, which is a big shame as well. I don´t say that I don´t do it for the money either, but I am satisfied with what I get!

Status
Not open for further replies.