New Youtube Partner program?

MerajBadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
You all many know that but a while back youtube has put in a new partners program where small channels can now easily become partners well that what they say. This new program only includes the customizing of thumbnails and to be able monitor videos, so if one of your videos has gotten all of views you might be able to get some cash out of it as well get more publicity. This program is great and all but it really does not help the small channels get big, they pretty much gave the people who are already are big all features and now the new channels do not get all these features. You might want to check out this video from the WillOfDC to get a better idea of what i am trying to get at if you are interested.

Reactions: gunner4568

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Actually, I'm pretty sure it works the other way around. I'm a "partner", and I monetize my videos, but I can't use any of the other benefits, like banners, thumbnails, published uploads, etc. I believe that as you grow your channel, YouTube will gradually allow you to use more of these features.

MerajBadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
my apologizes :p but in my opinion i liked the previous patter program where you were able to build a fan base and through that you can become a youtube partner but that's my opinion

ForeverAlonePrick

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yeah, I also prefer the old system. For one thing, it wasn't so random; you got everything all at once. It was also opt-in, meaning you could apply. Now, I have no control over getting accepted.

ForeverAlonePrick

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I agree. He's very good at relaying information about the site, and he's how I stay on top of all the new changes on youtube. It's a shame that he doesn't get more views.

UnknownUser

Reaction score
OUCH! that's just harsh on us lil gys! haha, by the way how long did it take for anyone to hear if they get the partner program? I re apllied after months of applying today.. so I'm hoping to hear back soon?!

MerajBadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
OUCH! that's just harsh on us lil gys! haha, by the way how long did it take for anyone to hear if they get the partner program? I re apllied after months of applying today.. so I'm hoping to hear back soon?!
I havent applied because i want to build up my fanbase before applying for the partner program

vizibilityzero

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
from my understanding you can't really apply at the moment, you can only monetize your videos....unless thats what you meant by applying