Hot Topic ** NEW youtube features. YouTube Backstage (all discussion goes here) **

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think that it is an exellent idea. I was awaiting these features for ages. It will be especially beneficial for vlog channel like ours. For example yesterday we were at USJ Osaka. I couldn't upload easilly a movie but a photo or two plus a sentence could have been perfect!

Why it took you so long Google!?

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I like this idea! I've wanted to add more pictures to my channel somehow, but ever since they changed the layout, it's been difficult to make it seem more welcoming to subscribers. This adds a new layer of interaction, which will be great! =) I started to lose sight in what it meant when a person subscribes to a channel -- many subscribe and then forget, sort of like a "channel like" rather than a viewer. This will bring back a lot more meaning to the concept of subscribing to something. ^^

paullaskovids

Well-rounded punk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Comedian
This is going in the right direction. But they still need to refresh the GUI I think. That aside...

It sounds like they're finally going to introduce subscriber-only videos within this Backstage thing. That's a huge plus in my eyes.
Finally, an incentive to subscribe to channels besides getting updates in a feed. This is a good way to encourage subscribers and provide more intriguing content. If used properly, I think it will help tilt the subscribed vs unsubscribed ratio in favor of more subscribed watchers too.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
This is going in the right direction. But they still need to refresh the GUI I think. That aside...

It sounds like they're finally going to introduce subscriber-only videos within this Backstage thing. That's a huge plus in my eyes.
Finally, an incentive to subscribe to channels besides getting updates in a feed. This is a good way to encourage subscribers and provide more intriguing content. If used properly, I think it will help tilt the subscribed vs unsubscribed ratio in favor of more subscribed watchers too.
really good point, alot of people still like to just search for channels they like rather than sub, this would give them a good incentive to sub.
Im hoping on subscriber only livestreams too, that would be perfect :)

paullaskovids

Well-rounded punk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Comedian
really good point, alot of people still like to just search for channels they like rather than sub, this would give them a good incentive to sub.
Im hoping on subscriber only livestreams too, that would be perfect :)
If they utilize video privacy settings for that feature, then it should be enabled on that too. I agree that would make sense to be able to livestream for subs only as an incentive to them too.

I've been wanting to see YouTube implement subscriber-only content for a while that they don't have to pay for. Everything else is just icing on the cake to me. If they allow "normal people" to opt in, I'm going to to apply despite my low sub count.

Chandler

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Sounds great to me. I don't use Twitter and facebook that much and I need another way to communicate to my subscribers besides videos. It would be nice to have some private videos too. I'd like to make some short 1-3 min videos, but it seems like too much trouble if I have to edit them, add logos, ask for subscribers ect. It would be great to have something like this, so I could put out some extra content.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it will go the way of Google+ myself honestly.

But, change is also what makes things possible. And you got to go for it, even if the odds are against you!

Reactions: Loki Doki

Toast Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think they have some really good ideas overall on ways to be in contact with subscribers. I'm not a huge fan of the initial rollout to large/popular channels only as it is a feature that could greatly benefit smaller channels who have difficulty amassing a large social media following. A concern of mine would be the rich replies as, while they would certainly add some cool functionality, they would also offer new ways for people to spam content on another person's video.

Reactions: Loki Doki

FearTheReaper

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think the polls would really help the site. It can become tedious to read all your comments and keeping track. Especially for the larger YouTubers.