New Gaming Channel, Would Love Some Feedback!

AliKat

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys,
I just started a new gaming channel yesterday and I've just posted my first video. I have no subscribers as of yet (not really expecting it haha) but I was wondering if you guys would please be able to give me some feedback on my channel and/or video? I'm very camera shy and anxious at the moment and I hope to loosen up over time, but practice makes perfect right :)

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUtB3e84byaqblsQ9uRdGUQ

ZAYMOUS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Official warning for using caps
GOOD VIDEO, ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS ADD MORE EMOTION. PPL LOVE TO SEE A PERSON FREAK OUT ALL THE TIME AND YELL BECAUSE IT'S EXPLOSIVE AND SPONTANEOUS WHICH KEEPS THE VIEWERS ATTENTION ON YOU. ALSO IF YOU SPEAK CLOSER TO THE MIC YOUR VOICE WILL SOUND BETTER SO THE OVERALL QUALITY WILL GO WAY UP. AWESOME FIRST VID THO

Reactions: AliKat

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Just a few things - turn your mic up, I know you don't want to be too loud but in this case you are too low - IMO it's better to be too loud because people can adjust it lower on the YT Volume scale than to be too low and not have it adjustable to be louder. Try to get right into the action and less explaining - people want to see ACTION ACTION ACTION :D Also try to invest in a lamp or some type of lighting as well. Keep it up, the first video is always the hardest. Good luck!

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
Alright so...

Its great to see you getting into YouTube and willing to give it a shot, great to see more female YouTubers willing to give it a go.

As for the video I think your mic is one of things you need to look at first, maybe you don't like talking loud or just arent comfortable yet which is cool you know but for the viewer I think a high mic volume will help them get to hear you without touching their own volume. Nothing worse than watching a low volume video, watching a normal video straight after it and getting your ears and face blasted off because you had to turn the volume way up to hear them.

Lighting could get a bit better, I understand non of us are loaded and have the money to buy high quality spot lighting for camera so I understand that. Maybe move the lamp a little closer to your face for some more exposure and so the camera can easily adjust to your face with little distortion.

As for the gameplay, its ok to watch, for some of us who have high end PC's or play on console watching a game wev seen many a times being played before being played on a laptop with low frame rate isn't the best look and could easily turn people away. Until you can get your hands on some sweet recoding hardware I would stick to less graphically demanding games for your own enjoyment and the viewers enjoyment.

For you yourself, I get the vibe that your the sarcastic type so doesnt really care about what happens, me personally, I like that style of commentary and I like that, type of person I guess :p

SSohPKC is a good example and maybe you should consider taking a leaf out of his book to help build yours.

Hes sarcastic, funny, doesn't give a s**t, couldn't care less, takes a lot to impress him.

You got my vote of confidence Ali I feel like you could become a liked figure within the community, you just got to work with what you got.
[DOUBLEPOST=1478603906,1478603889][/DOUBLEPOST]Alright so...

Its great to see you getting into YouTube and willing to give it a shot, great to see more female YouTubers willing to give it a go.

As for the video I think your mic is one of things you need to look at first, maybe you don't like talking loud or just arent comfortable yet which is cool you know but for the viewer I think a high mic volume will help them get to hear you without touching their own volume. Nothing worse than watching a low volume video, watching a normal video straight after it and getting your ears and face blasted off because you had to turn the volume way up to hear them.

Lighting could get a bit better, I understand non of us are loaded and have the money to buy high quality spot lighting for camera so I understand that. Maybe move the lamp a little closer to your face for some more exposure and so the camera can easily adjust to your face with little distortion.

As for the gameplay, its ok to watch, for some of us who have high end PC's or play on console watching a game wev seen many a times being played before being played on a laptop with low frame rate isn't the best look and could easily turn people away. Until you can get your hands on some sweet recoding hardware I would stick to less graphically demanding games for your own enjoyment and the viewers enjoyment.

For you yourself, I get the vibe that your the sarcastic type so doesnt really care about what happens, me personally, I like that style of commentary and I like that, type of person I guess :p

SSohPKC is a good example and maybe you should consider taking a leaf out of his book to help build yours.

Hes sarcastic, funny, doesn't give a s**t, couldn't care less, takes a lot to impress him.

You got my vote of confidence Ali I feel like you could become a liked figure within the community, you just got to work with what you got.