New Channel, Hopefully not too many mistakes? :P

RonnocX

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone! :)

I recently started my channel about 2 weeks ago now? Maybe a bit less... Anyway, was just looking for some overall feedback on the channel, whether it's layout, video quality... Anything, kinda just wanna know if I'm heading in the right direction :p

I wouldn't mind getting an opinion on what content you think would best suit me as well :) I was thinking of trying to combine Vlog style videos and Gaming vids as I enjoy making both (I tried combining them in my WWE2k vid as well), but I know that viewers tend to follow a channel for one particular kind of content and I know both categories are rather hard to get found and noticed in now-a-days...

I do have some experience with a Youtube channel with friends in the past, but never by myself :L

Thank you everyone in advanced ^_^

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
... I was thinking of trying to combine Vlog style videos and Gaming vids as I enjoy making both (I tried combining them in my WWE2k vid as well), but I know that viewers tend to follow a channel for one particular kind of content and I know both categories are rather hard to get found and noticed in now-a-days...
I personally wouldn't do it, but I have a pretty small YouTube that's still growing so I don't know if you wanna trust this information. I do subscribe to lots of different YouTube channels so I kinda know what people seem to like.

1) Consistency and sticking with 1 overall theme. If you wanna do games with voice overs, then do that. If you wanna do vlogs, ok do that. If you go back and forth between the 2, then I (as a subscriber) don't know what video you're going to come out with next, I probably won't be a subscriber for very long.

2) Have an upload schedule. Currently I picked Friday so that during the week I can film, edit, upload and schedule the video to go public that day at a specific time so my subscribers know when to expect my videos to release. I also make this known in my banner and about page. Not to mention my social media will automatically tweet and post when it goes live.

So if you want to do vlogs and game play videos that is fine, but I would create a schedule and say something like:

Mondays - VLogs
Fridays - Videogame Videos

and make it known EVERYWHERE; Banner, about page, video outros, social media, etc. so everyone knows what to expect.

RonnocX

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
@newage

Thanks for the advice :) Definitely will do that... I think I want to focus more on my gameplay's, so I'm definitely going to focus more on that then dedicate a day to Vlogs or challenges or something, like you suggested ^_^

Unstaqble

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Pretty cool. I suggest you sound more confident, and take out those awkward periods of time with a funny edit such as some tv color bars or tv static with a bleep for about a second. Anyways, pretty decent video overall! Keep it up! :D
P.S.
Once you start to make videos you will eventually grow into knowing what types of videos you want to do, and there you can choose what genre/category you want to stick with, and then pursue it. After that, hard work and consistency is all there is to it.

HyDraid

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey everyone! :)

I recently started my channel about 2 weeks ago now? Maybe a bit less... Anyway, was just looking for some overall feedback on the channel, whether it's layout, video quality... Anything, kinda just wanna know if I'm heading in the right direction :p

I wouldn't mind getting an opinion on what content you think would best suit me as well :) I was thinking of trying to combine Vlog style videos and Gaming vids as I enjoy making both (I tried combining them in my WWE2k vid as well), but I know that viewers tend to follow a channel for one particular kind of content and I know both categories are rather hard to get found and noticed in now-a-days...

I do have some experience with a Youtube channel with friends in the past, but never by myself :L

Thank you everyone in advanced ^_^
The first thing I see is that your logo doesn't match with your banner.
The good thing is that you're using thumbnails, they will get better in time :)
You could also use some backgroundmusic in your video's ?

RonnocX

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
@HyDraid

Thank you for the advice... Any suggestions on where to get good background music? :)[DOUBLEPOST=1468023421,1468023335][/DOUBLEPOST]@Unstaqble

Still trying to work on sounding more confident haha I like the idea of the funny jump cuts or tv static etc. Thank you for the advice :) Consistency is key ;)

Reactions: Unstaqble

Unstaqble

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@HyDraid

Thank you for the advice... Any suggestions on where to get good background music? :)[DOUBLEPOST=1468023421,1468023335][/DOUBLEPOST]@Unstaqble

Still trying to work on sounding more confident haha I like the idea of the funny jump cuts or tv static etc. Thank you for the advice :) Consistency is key ;)
No problem. Just here to help. :D