New channel concept - should I delete old videos?

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I started my channel about 3 months ago and I made the mistake of setting tight deadlines for myself... I even made a few videos saying I'd post every week or two, but now I realize that a video takes me longer to plan and make than just a week and I just don't have as much time as I thought I would to make my videos.

Anyways, I decided to take my channel a different direction.. I am going to focus more on my blog and use YouTube as a sort of secondary platform (I'd be posting maybe a video a month) And now that I've made a schedule for myself and I'm making videos at a more comfortable pace, I'm have to ask...

Do you guys think I should take down my old videos and start over or just continue to post videos every month (even though I said I'd post every week or so)?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
If I were you, I'd leave them there and then just mention the change in direction (very briefly) in one of your new videos.

(I've moved your thread to the strategy forum.)

Reactions: Merlina Rodas

WesmyGaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone!

I started my channel about 3 months ago and I made the mistake of setting tight deadlines for myself... I even made a few videos saying I'd post every week or two, but now I realize that a video takes me longer to plan and make than just a week and I just don't have as much time as I thought I would to make my videos.

Anyways, I decided to take my channel a different direction.. I am going to focus more on my blog and use YouTube as a sort of secondary platform (I'd be posting maybe a video a month) And now that I've made a schedule for myself and I'm making videos at a more comfortable pace, I'm have to ask...

Do you guys think I should take down my old videos and start over or just continue to post videos every month (even though I said I'd post every week or so)?
I don't see any reason for you to delete your old videos, so short answer, ''no''. You could just just inform new viewers of the new direction you've decided to take. That said, best of luck.

Reactions: Merlina Rodas

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
If I were you, I'd leave them there and then just mention the change in direction (very briefly) in one of your new videos.

(I've moved your thread to the strategy forum.)
Thank you for moving my thread and thanks for the advice! I'll just mention it in my next video[DOUBLEPOST=1477504654,1477504582][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't see any reason for you to delete your old videos, so short answer, ''no''. You could just just inform new viewers of the new direction you've decided to take. That said, best of luck.
Will do, thanks for the advice

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
If you don't want to outright remove, unlist them and put them in a playlist, so that they are accessible, but only through there.

HecksVision

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If you feel they are good content and can be helpful then don't remove them.

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Another option > You can write in your channel art "One video per month" so it will be clear to every viewer.