New Buy, Sell and Trade Forum and Forum Organisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is such a cool idea! And I like how you have to have 100 post in order to use the forum. I was just wondering how shipping would work. I'm amusing it would just be up to the buyer or seller? But is there anything about shipping we should know.

Also, are we allowed to post links to an eBay or craigslist listing instead of just selling it directly on this forum?
Shipping is set out by the seller within the thread, similar to how a seller would on ebay, they name the postage and packaging fee. If it is a wanting to buy thread the buyer can state how much theyre willing to pay for the item theyre after as well as how much shipping they are willing to pay.

We dont allow links to ebay, craigslist etc one of the rules is that the item offered for sale cannot be listed for sale elsewhere, this is to prevent people putting items for sale at YTtalk and selling them elsewhere letting people down or using it as an excuse to back out of a sale with "sorry it is sold now on ebay" perhaps because they received a better offer on there :)

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Also are there rules regarding "staying on thread"? Because it can be a bummer to reply to a thread only to find that person sold it to someone who PM'd them. :p

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Also are there rules regarding "staying on thread"? Because it can be a bummer to reply to a thread only to find that person sold it to someone who PM'd them. :p
We havent got one for that yet, I see how that could become an issue but I think that is something we couldnt control and people will do that anyway.

With this we are looking to work with it as needed when it comes to the rules, the ones set now could change in the future to make things better for everyone. What we want is a place where members can buy and sell their gear and creator related items in the most safest and easiest way possible for them.

Something I will do is add a prefix for closed that the thread creator can use to mark their thread as done with. I would have a sold prefix but with us having trading and WTB threads it wouldnt quite make sense :D

labprofess

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Nice thread. Was looking forward to this. Awesome. Once i Can finally acces it Ill be sure to check it out. Sound cool so far :)
Keep up the good work

Stay awesome

leektv

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone,

We have created a new Buy, Sell and Trade forum at YTtalk allowing members to buy, sell and trade their video related equipment and creator related physical goods. We have been requested this a lot over the years and we are now pleased to announce this new forum.

To start selling your camera gear, lighting equipment, games and such you can get started here using our template:

http://yttalk.com/threads/buy-sell-and-trade-forum-rules-read-me.167534/

Not only can you sell but you can also trade and post up wanted ads for others who might have what you want.

This forum is available only to members with over 100 posts, if you have under 100 posts you will not be able to view threads posted within this forum. This is a precautionary measure to ensure members have taken part here somewhat before becoming active within this forum.

With this new forum we have moved the Graphics, Intros and Music section to become a subforum of the Buy, Sell and Trade forum allowing those kinds of sales and requests to remain separate.

If anyone notices any issues with posting please let me know. We will be adding required prefixes for WTB and WTS and WTT very soon too.

I really look forward to this forum addition :) If you have any questions please ask away.

Thanks for reading.
I won't be ables to post yet but I'm slowly getting there. This is some good news and I'm happy to hear!

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have split the Buy, Sell and Trade from the graphics section, having it under there had caused a lot of confusion as to where it is and where to post their graphics requests and services. The Buy, Sell and Trade forum now gets better attention for threads on the homepage now too.

Giddyfish

SAAAAAAAAAARCASM!
Reaction score
Ooo, pretty cool implementation! This will come in handy, especially for those in need of new equipment at a fair price :D

Acinger

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That is an great idea :) Pehhhw some more posts to go :)

Status
Not open for further replies.