Needing A Little Motivation?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello Everyone!

I started youtube 2 years ago, dreamed about being a big star one day, which I guess everyone wishes to be as well and I posted quite a while ago trying to help others in this forum with motivation which actually helped! I had a break from making YouTube videos for about 5 months until July when I had a struck of courage and start doing what I most enjoyed doing, making YouTube videos and start communicating with my viewers. Having a break did not help at all view wise, I went from hitting at least 3 figures to now 2 on most videos but I did feel better in myself and I realised it isn't bad to switch what kind of video type you produce for the better. I will eventually grow my subscribers in the right direction than before because I went from scripted videos to lifestyle videos so I want to point out to some of you a few things about what I have learnt whilst I had a break.

1) Change your video style once in a while, you may realise that you actually create a bigger group of subscribers by making gaming videos rather than challenge videos. You may be better at react videos than gardening videos, experiment.

2) Prior to the first one, change up your editing technique. Learn new skills with your editing program, this can enhance quality which will eventually provide a better video for your audience. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, spend time and effort on your content and this includes thumbnails.

3) Believe in yourself, we all can go down a slippery slope and I may actually re-read this post to give myself a confident boost in a few months time but always try and plan ahead, work hard and try to bring something fun in your videos!

4) Stop comparing yourself to big YouTube stars, you as an individual are in the YouTube game. No one wants to watch a want-to-be PewDiePie or Zoella, show something different in your videos and
show your determination.

5) Lastly,
include yourself with others! Jump on the community boards, reply to comments, involve yourself with friends if they have their own channel.

So there you go, a little motivation post to boost your confidence. Feel free to message me and of course I will leave a link to my channel on YouTube if anyone is interested!

Thank you for reading,
Ashbee

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
This is actually awesome, thank you!
I think getting involved in communities is a huge thing to keeping motivated, especially if you have other YT friends!

Reactions: Ashlee Warfield

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is great thank you for the advice! I think getting involved in the YouTube community is a great way to stay motivated!:)

Reactions: Ashlee Warfield
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is actually awesome, thank you!
I think getting involved in communities is a huge thing to keeping motivated, especially if you have other YT friends!
Hey! Awesome video on your account, you have great content! I'm trying to give a little advice to everyone from a viewers perspective! I would like to see more of your editing skills!

Reactions: AmberAndGolden

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am currently doing exactly what you are doing. I hope it works out good for both of us. Thanks!

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Having the biggest slump right now in motivation - Thanks for your post.

I'm at that weird stage, where i've just gotten over 200 subs and gaining momentum. I am absolutely exhausted from making videos - but I've already taken a break. I know i've got 20-30 viewer who eagerly wait for my videos each week, but its kind of demoralising with each video only breaking 100 views per week.