Need YouTubers for a reaction video.

Tiffaloid

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
Hi,

I'm looking for YouTubers to review our pilot episode from our webcomic series. We're returning from a hiatus and want to continue the comic, but think that more people would support it if they got to see the comic dub we made to help promote it.

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I checked out your 2nd most recent video. You / or whoever is the voice actor for that animation about making art has a nice voice . Where is the comic dub? I would be interested in checking it out. I don't use YTtalk as often as I used to but I'll try to check it out sometime this week if you post it.

Tiffaloid

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
Thank you. It's the pilot episode and the same voice actor is in that one also.

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
This is really interesting. Like the art and the voice overs. 1 thing I would say is that sometimes your sound effects are more grand then the drawings.. I watched the first half of the project. I ended just after the phone started ringing. I will watch the rest and share more indepth feedback.

Reactions: Tiffaloid

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey sorry for the delay. My computer wouldn't turn on. I'm rewatching it now and giving you feedback

Few comments -

- Sometimes there are multiple things appearing on screen at the exact same time and I'm not exactly sure where you want me to look. This is especially noticeable when the elements vanish quickly. I would personally stagger when things appear on screen to make it very clear where the viewer is intended to be looking. At 44 seconds in particular I was thinking "where am I supposed to look". elements are not on screen long enough for me to understand what exactly was going on without pausing. I would have the bottom corner slide in and then have the top screen slide in.
- Sometimes you have large white frames on screen before anything fills it, be it text or images. This feels strange. Example at 29 seconds, 38 seconds and various other times through the video. At 29 seconds in particular, it felt like it was going to be a large text box before the image fills it. Maybe that was the intent to represent how she is being verbally cut off by the patient but it just feels a bit off to me. I think the audio in this case takes care of the fact she was cut off verbally
- at 2:18 the clown guys voice felt a bit unnatural the first time I watched this. That may be how they actually talk but it felt a tad forced. I have a hard time believing that performance and it pulled me out of the experience the first time around. The 2nd time I watched it, it didn't bother me as much but still felt unnatural.

- at 4:34 the text in the text box is wiggling but the box itself isn't wiggling which felt off.
- 6:40 really nice art but that camera movement is pretty fast. If you watch someone's eyes watching this part I think you might notice their eyes bounce up and down as the part of the frame they were looking at quickly goes off frame.
- 9:24 the wiggling text is hard to read, which might be the goal. When I see text on the screen, I want to read it. and when it's wiggling that much it's pretty hard to read
- There's a few times when the video is low res. Like at 5:37. and another example is at 9:30
- I really like this sequence 4:16
- I really like this sequence 3:00

Cool plot. nice sound design. Overall good voice acting, but could be improved.

Hope that helps

Tiffaloid

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
Hey sorry for the delay. My computer wouldn't turn on. I'm rewatching it now and giving you feedback

Few comments -
- Sometimes there are multiple things appearing on screen at the exact same time and I'm not exactly sure where you want me to look. This is especially noticeable when the elements vanish quickly. I would personally stagger when things appear on screen to make it very clear where the viewer is intended to be looking. At 44 seconds in particular I was thinking "where am I supposed to look". elements are not on screen long enough for me to understand what exactly was going on without pausing. I would have the bottom corner slide in and then have the top screen slide in.
- Sometimes you have large white frames on screen before anything fills it, be it text or images. This feels strange. Example at 29 seconds, 38 seconds and various other times through the video. At 29 seconds in particular, it felt like it was going to be a large text box before the image fills it. Maybe that was the intent to represent how she is being verbally cut off by the patient but it just feels a bit off to me. I think the audio in this case takes care of the fact she was cut off verbally
- at 2:18 the clown guys voice felt a bit unnatural the first time I watched this. That may be how they actually talk but it felt a tad forced. I have a hard time believing that performance and it pulled me out of the experience the first time around. The 2nd time I watched it, it didn't bother me as much but still felt unnatural.

- at 4:34 the text in the text box is wiggling but the box itself isn't wiggling which felt off.
- 6:40 really nice art but that camera movement is pretty fast. If you watch someone's eyes watching this part I think you might notice their eyes bounce up and down as the part of the frame they were looking at quickly goes off frame.
- 9:24 the wiggling text is hard to read, which might be the goal. When I see text on the screen, I want to read it. and when it's wiggling that much it's pretty hard to read
- There's a few times when the video is low res. Like at 5:37. and another example is at 9:30
- I really like this sequence 4:16
- I really like this sequence 3:00

Cool plot. nice sound design. Overall good voice acting, but could be improved.

Hope that helps
Thank you for the feedback . This certainly helps a lot.

Reactions: Nicekid76