Need tips on how to grow a brand new channel!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone! We are The Leather Armchair Society and we just started a new channel about a week ago. We have nearly 30 subscribers that are 100% made up of friends and family, we are now ready to break through that and start building an audience outside of that. What are some things that you have found work for your channel? If you would like to check out our channel and let us know how the content is, we would be very grateful.
Thanks in advance!

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE0wZ5pYX8jpDj5FXLavj1w

subtrendy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's not always easy to tell what your videos are about with your thumbnails. I'd suggest making thumbnails that immediately catch your audience's attention, but also let them know what they're in for. For a lot of people, thumbnails are the only thing they'll see before making the judgment to watch your content or not- they may not even read the title- so they're very important.

As for gaining followers- there are a lot of ways that I'm sure other people will tell you helped them succeed, but so far our biggest successes have been with plugging our channel in relevant areas. For instance, we're a geek culture kind of channel (video games, movies, tv, the works) and my particular show on the channel is about tabletop games. To get my content out, I post my weekly tabletop videos in board gaming forums, and it's worked relatively well so far.