Need help with Lightworks (just got it)

FlipRJ

YTTalk Ramen Knight
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Musician, Comedian
so I decided to upgrade from Windows Movie Maker to Lightworks, and I'm still getting used to it.
But I had a question. Can i generate gun fire or set a man on fire (with the program of course! :))

If it's possible, can some explain it to me. or am I in need of a different program!?

Thanks in advanced!

jake weber

Check out my Partnered Channel!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Im not familiar with lightworks, but if you have the money i highly recommend Adobe After Effects! I use it for my VFX videos on my channel!

FlipRJ

YTTalk Ramen Knight
Reaction score
Channel Type
Im not familiar with lightworks, but if you have the money i highly recommend Adobe After Effects! I use it for my VFX videos on my channel!
really love after effects, but it's also really expensive! lol maybe there's a cheaper version, but i've seen it for $1000 +

jake weber

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
really love after effects, but it's also really expensive! lol maybe there's a cheaper version, but i've seen it for $1000 +
If your a student you can get it for cheep. Though you could also get stock footage of fire and smoke n such and over lay that on the clips.. Iv done a few gun scenes in videos i make and i use stock footage all the time to replicate the effects such as muzzle flashes, explosions, smoke, etc.

FlipRJ

YTTalk Ramen Knight
Reaction score
Channel Type
If your a student you can get it for cheep. Though you could also get stock footage of fire and smoke n such and over lay that on the clips.. Iv done a few gun scenes in videos i make and i use stock footage all the time to replicate the effects such as muzzle flashes, explosions, smoke, etc.
i'll check to see if I can get a student discount (though I'm not sure they'll discount a Biochem major, lol). In the meantime, it's try and got some footage to sue!

jake weber

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
i'll check to see if I can get a student discount (though I'm not sure they'll discount a Biochem major, lol). In the meantime, it's try and got some footage to sue!
I would think they would, but ya there is plenty of free stock footage websites out there and plenty of stock footage on youtube you can download also! Best of luck bud! :)

FlipRJ

YTTalk Ramen Knight
Reaction score
Channel Type
I would think they would, but ya there is plenty of free stock footage websites out there and plenty of stock footage on youtube you can download also! Best of luck bud! :)
thanks man, appreciate it!

FlipRJ

YTTalk Ramen Knight
Reaction score
Channel Type
thanks man, appreciate it!