Need help! Videos sound like chemistry class!!!

fixedsnuffle

Loving YTtalk
Hi all, I don’t know what to do. If you have suggestions let me know. My videos as a YT buddy pointed out sound like a chemistry power point presentation. I totally agree and have thought this for a long time. TBH I use a lot of PowerPoint in them.

My videos are on learning how to recognize military equipment. To teach this topic it is easiest to use still photos, rather than video. I do use some video, but majority of the video is made up of photos with arrows and dialogue boxes which I read.

I used to teach recognition in the military where I was a lot more animated than in my videos.

So any tips you all have would be appreciated.

I will leave an example below. After a minute or so you will get the idea of what they are like.

To teach this topic it is easiest to use still photos, rather than video. I do use some video, but majority of the video is made up of photos with arrows and dialogue boxes which I read
maybe break up the video into two separate episodes??? one that would be effective at teaching with stills power point style(chemistry) im sure there is a crowd that loves to watch this
second with lots of video, action, off-roading, combat, damage/abandoned, engine/transmission/suspension specs, model years, upgrades, quick glimpse previous gen&future/current gen
I am currently trying this strategy with camera lens review,,,before it was video + photo + pros/cons all in one video, now each will be a separate video = 3 videos total,,,,,,it also feels faster as it takes me forever to make that 1 long video, PLUS if someone doesn't want to see certain parts they don't have to watch or skip through it anymore, they will just watch the video of most interest

maybe break up the video into two separate episodes??? one that would be effective at teaching with stills power point style(chemistry) im sure there is a crowd that loves to watch this
second with lots of video, action, off-roading, combat, damage/abandoned, engine/transmission/suspension specs, model years, upgrades, quick glimpse previous gen&future/current gen
I am currently trying this strategy with camera lens review,,,before it was video + photo + pros/cons all in one video, now each will be a separate video = 3 videos total,,,,,,it also feels faster as it takes me forever to make that 1 long video, PLUS if someone doesn't want to see certain parts they don't have to watch or skip through it anymore, they will just watch the video of most interest

It's actually a valid point. Anyway, I would sow more practical examples for everything. People like to see real examples, no matter what is the subject of educational video. I have great example for comparison, like this Preply online school's Math teacher online section, where you can always get a tutor you want, after reading reviews about him or her, from real people. They have really professional tutors, who know how to interact with their students.

Last edited:
Back