Need help to find color (faded black) in Sony Vegas

Keshipel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I need to cover up the white part in this scene that says "Skip"

I'm using Sony Vegas Pro 13 but I'm having problems finding the right color that matches. It's like a faded black.. I think? Plain black is too sharp and I can only draw into other colors from the black..

I tried going a bit into blue, but that's still very visible, atleast when there's a second of transition.

And yes, I'm aware this can be turned off in the settings in R6S, but I spent 2-3hrs making it, and can't be arsed doing it all over again if I can simply throw a layer over it with the same color.

Any help would be MUCH appriciated! Thanks :)

Last edited:

Shehzad

The Brown Fudge
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Maybe try using sony color corrector its on video fx, just drag and drop it onto your video timeline. Not too sure what you want though. Do you just want to fade out the horizontal black lines?[DOUBLEPOST=1451227870,1451225295][/DOUBLEPOST]Ive quickly done this so its not up to standard but Is this what you mean? By the end of the video I can fade in and out my horizontal lines

Keshipel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Maybe try using sony color corrector its on video fx, just drag and drop it onto your video timeline. Not too sure what you want though. Do you just want to fade out the horizontal black lines?
No, I want to cover up the white part of the scene that says "skip". I'm making a 2min+ long cinematic, and the "skip" writing really ruins the video..

Would the "corrector" just cover up that part or the whole vid?

Shehzad

The Brown Fudge
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No, I want to cover up the white part of the scene that says "skip". I'm making a 2min+ long cinematic, and the "skip" writing really ruins the video..

Would the "corrector" just cover up that part or the whole vid?
The way I did it you can fade out the whole horizontal line. You need to duplicated the video and place in a new track above the original footage, the bottom video open the even/pan crop. Press the mask key and then draw around the horizontal lines. When your done go to the top duplicated video do the same thing but draw around the cinematic area, the part you don't want to get rid off. Now the bottom video where we have drawn around the horizontal lines you can drag the opacity down so the skip part is completely gone. You can also just draw around the skip part. If your having trouble search on youtube "how to blur video" its the same technique we just get rid of the skip instead of blur (watch?v=utYu4e4W1SQ) Link here to the video
Sorry I can't be more of help It's quite hard to describe it without watching a video.

Last edited:

Keshipel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sorry I can't be more of help It's quite hard to describe it without watching a video.
I got it to work! Thanks for your help tho :)

Here's the finish product if you wanna watch

yo ut ube . c om/ watch?v=k3cp2-BEpGM

Shehzad

The Brown Fudge
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No worries good thing you figured it out and the cinematic is good I liked it :p I realize now the easiest thing may have been to place a black image over the skip ><

Keshipel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No worries good thing you figured it out and the cinematic is good I liked it :p I realize now the easiest thing may have been to place a black image over the skip ><
Thanks a lot! Had a lot of fun making it :)
Yeah I think so too, but the way you said would work well in other cases too!

Reactions: Shehzad