Need Help! Copyright Music Question.

aplusvids6

Reaction score
So I just went through the effort of editing a tribute video to one of my sports teams.
I edited it with a background song called Fix You by Coldplay.

I uploaded it today, but youtube gave me that EMI restriction message.

My question is, how in the world are other youtubers uploading these videos with copyrighted music. I see other amateur videos with the same song I'm trying to use(fix you) and they've had there video up for years.

What exactly do I need to do to not get that restriction?

Thank you guys!​

aplusvids6

Reaction score
Anybody?
If not, can somebody please list some good free royal music sites?

aplusvids6

Reaction score
Err not sure those videos likely have the same message the video is not totally blocked is it?

royalty free music
http://www.jamendo.com
http://ccmixter.org/
and the rest
http://creativecommons.org/legalmusicforvideos
My vid is totally blocked. It's only available in 4 countries that will probably never see it. This song is just too perfect for the vid I made for me to change it. I've spent all day trying to find an alternate song, but no luck finding a good match to my vid. Thanks for the response UrbanLamb!

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
My vid is totally blocked. It's only available in 4 countries that will probably never see it. This song is just too perfect for the vid I made for me to change it. I've spent all day trying to find an alternate song, but no luck finding a good match to my vid. Thanks for the response UrbanLamb!
oh okay yeah emi lazy that is why its blocked in so many places. Anyhow although these forums want to make me run away with some of the "helpful tips" please dont do what that guy says above. You will eventually get caught and doing something wrong is still wrong even if no one notices right away. Do it the right way and set a good example :up:

aplusvids6

Reaction score
oh okay yeah emi lazy that is why its blocked in so many places. Anyhow although these forums want to make me run away with some of the "helpful tips" please dont do what that guy says above. You will eventually get caught and doing something wrong is still wrong even if no one notices right away. Do it the right way and set a good example :up:
kk, I'll sample more free royalty music to find a good match. Before I started making this video, I honestly thought that YT would just put ads so the music company can make money off the song im using. I guess not? I see that with other amateur youtube vids.

Also, you know how youtube has that audio swap feature with over 150k tracks to choose from? What if I choose one of those songs, but implement that song using my own software. Rather than doing it directly from youtube after upload. Will you YT have an issue with that?

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
kk, I'll sample more free royalty music to find a good match. Before I started making this video, I honestly thought that YT would just put ads so the music company can make money off the song im using. I guess not? I see that with other amateur youtube vids.

Also, you know how youtube has that audio swap feature with over 150k tracks to choose from? What if I choose one of those songs, but implement that song using my own software. Rather than doing it directly from youtube after upload. Will you YT have an issue with that?
they do on some cases however youtube has to actually be in a contract with them and they will link it back to itunes whatever there are a lot of people that will allow this now as they have figured out that its actually good publicity. However EMI is known to be incredibly lazy with its licensing terms and so many of the music on their label is only okay for use in a few countries. (emi is sony ) The music is blocked because they didnt bother to obtain a license for use in the countries its blocked in. I beg though of you and anyone on these forums passing out information on things like illegal use of music, publishing software so please not post this stuff. Its highly illegal will likely get you banned and just as a moral thing its wrong period.