My YouTube channel is not monetized so where is my Revenue come from

kevinboston7

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So my channel is not monetized and since I have just under 200 subscribers come tomorrow I won't be eligible to monetize my channel anymore however when I go into my Analytics it shows me that I have made $0.03

Where is this money coming from I certainly can't collect so why is the revenue keep going up

It recently dropped to $0.02 I'm not going to bother a drawing it because first of all I can't and $0.02 is not that much what can you buy for $0.02 these days nothing

This is not really a big deal I'm just curious on this one any answers would be much appreciated thank you for your time

Have a nice day

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Have you gotten over 10k views?
It might be from Youtube red as well.

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
YouTube Red pays you if your content gets viewed on there. Because viewers pay to have YouTube Red, the creators that have their content shown to those users make a small percentage of the cost payed to be a YouTube Red member. That is likely where your revenue is coming from right now

Reactions: kevinboston7

kevinboston7

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube Red pays you if your content gets viewed on there. Because viewers pay to have YouTube Red, the creators that have their content shown to those users make a small percentage of the cost payed to be a YouTube Red member. That is likely where your revenue is coming from right now
I see thanks for the helpful information you're amazing

Reactions: BrettMikaluk

Jealous Lawn Care

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for this info...I didn't know about this either!

Reactions: BrettMikaluk

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Yeah, the weird thing is, my revenue was at 5 bucks before Youtube did the mass de-monetization thing. I always figured it would forever stay at 5 bucks until whenever (if ever) I get monetized again. Now it somehow jumped to 18 bucks and I haven't really made any videos that tons of views (unless it's my older videos or something).

I'm confused as to why it keeps tracking revenue if I'm never going to get it. Like what happens it does go to 100? Does it just keep going up and up? Or is this like... Youtube keeping track of how much money I'm making them, knowing full well I won't get a cut since I've been demonetized?

Jealous Lawn Care

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, the weird thing is, my revenue was at 5 bucks before Youtube did the mass de-monetization thing. I always figured it would forever stay at 5 bucks until whenever (if ever) I get monetized again. Now it somehow jumped to 18 bucks and I haven't really made any videos that tons of views (unless it's my older videos or something).

I'm confused as to why it keeps tracking revenue if I'm never going to get it. Like what happens it does go to 100? Does it just keep going up and up? Or is this like... Youtube keeping track of how much money I'm making them, knowing full well I won't get a cut since I've been demonetized?
I think the money still shows up there just to tease us about money we "could" be getting if YT actually cared about the little guys again.... :-(

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What are you planning to spend it on?