My videos keep exporting "pixelated" no matter what I try. Help

fiupikeOY

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well. I've been having an issue when exporting the final videos on Premiere that I can't figure out a solution for. The videos keep exporting and some parts of it the footage looks like s**t and it's all shot at least 1080 p, but sometimes even 4K. I've already changed the export settings to have a constant bit rate and nada. Here's a video I just released and many parts of it look like crap that even my 6 year old noticed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

fiupikeOY

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. The first two scenes on the horse around 40 seconds look bad to me. That's shot with an Osmo Pocket and the footage usually looks a lot better than how it was exported. It doesn't look like that even on the preview window in Premiere.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
there are many possibilities here, but some can be cleared up
1. What resolution are those clips? im assuming 1080p, so thats a bad start if you are looking for sharpest videos, obviously 4k would help a lot, but that's harder to edit & I personally still shoot in 1080p, also majority of users watch content on cellphones in 1080p or lower, hence another reason not to do 4k.
2. what effect were applied to those clips? such as warp stabilization? it's possible that certain effects may have a negative impact on sharpness/quality
3. were these clips cropped in? did you zoom in, obviously this will degrade sharpness

Osmo Pocket, GoPros, drones, Cellphones etc.. are amazing in terms of being compact & most produce incredibly stable footage, but all have tiny sensors,,,, cameras like the aging Sony a7Sii makes some of the sharpest 1080p video, a7iii makes amazing 4k 24fps footage which is actually downscaled on the fly(in-camera) from 6k signal, but obviously these will not fly, attach to a helmet or go under water