My videos have 4 times the amount of views than I have subscribers? Why?

RankdTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello,

So I guess this is a good issue but a good amount of my videos have 4 times the amount of views than I have subscribers. This could be my chance to convert these viewers into subscribers but I'm not sure how.

Has anyone been in this position before? If so, what strategies worked for you?
I just started my channel about a little less than a month ago and I'm unsure how to move forward.

Thank you in advance for the input guys! This community is the best!

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the strategy / technique advice forum. ^^

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I guess there could be several reasons for this. I have some videos with a lot of views but that is because I have advertised them. Doing this the right way can give you a lot of new subs. I don’t look as much on the views but more on watch time. Even though I don’t have a lot of subscribers I see there is a lot of watch time on my channel (a lot for my standards anyway) I take this as a sign that people like my videos and actually watch them through.

Reactions: Lizzeelive

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hello,

So I guess this is a good issue but a good amount of my videos have 4 times the amount of views than I have subscribers. This could be my chance to convert these viewers into subscribers but I'm not sure how.

I just started my channel about a little less than a month ago and I'm unsure how to move forward.

Considering that your content is largely Top lists kind of videos, which generally do very well in getting views, you're likely to appearing in search results and video recommendations to relevant people. It's very similar to the tech review content on my channel.

To convert people into subscribers, you need a call-to-action at the end of each of your videos. Add those end cards suggesting more of your content (preferably related to what the video was about) and add in that channel subscribe button. As long as you're creating content in a consistent format and with topics of interest to the audience, you keep them longer on your channel and therefore increase their chances for subscribing.

Other than that, try to interact with those who leave comments. Answering people who have questions really helps make you look good to people who look through the comments section, and they might just subscribe for how helpful you are.

Reactions: Dave2017

TechSpotJosh

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hello,

When you see your analytics where are your subs coming from and how long are they watching your videos when they come from other locations.

You may get a lot of views from a certain source but very low watch time which means people aren't liking what they are seeing. If you're getting 4x views with long watch times than subs than a call to action might be needed. You could offer giveaways to people who are subbed to promote subs to your channel but ultimately subscribers don't matter too much. Return viewers and people staying to watch your videos is more important than an inactive subscriber.

Reactions: Kristeen