My mic picks up button smashing while gaming. Make it stop!

A Dirty Hobo77

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

If anyone has any tips on how to keep my mic from picking up the button smashing sounds please let me know! I'm recording with a snowball but the audio and video recording gets automatically paired through my elgato. I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not. Let me know if you guys have ran into this and how to fix it.

Thanks!

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have my blue snowball set to option 2 on the back, which is more focused and directional, so it barely picks up anything else around it. It even can block out most of the sound coming from my speakers if I don't feel like using headphones.

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Reduce the gain and move it closer to your face, also get a pop filter.

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i used to have the snowball but it never had any settings on the back of it, i had to turn my gain down on my audacity for it to be reasonable because it was reaaaally sensitive XD sooo many sounds from everything :'D but my new mic is sat in front of my mouth with the pop filter which makes the recording sound warmer

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Reduce the gain and move it closer to your face, also get a pop filter.
This. Also if you edit your audio on something like Audacity or Audition you can use various plug in's to reduce pop and clicks (Though that wont entirely get rid of the problem, it'll just reduce it)