• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

My gaming channel reached 3 MILLION+ views!

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It has been a while since I have posted here, but I would like to come back to YTTalk to share my knowledge about YouTube, and learn from others. I am so happy with my channel, especially because I have not been very active in the last year. I know 3.4 Million isn't a milestone, but I never posted one for 3 Million, so I figure this thread is allowed...I apologize if I misunderstood the rules here.

Current Stats
3,410,000+ Views
7,950+ Subscribers
339 Videos (some are private, but got views originally)

I have only posted 7 videos in the last year, but I'm still getting around 80,000-100,000 views per month from old videos. This is mainly because I did a great job of making sure I uploaded videos that aren't time-restricted (for example, a guide about a specific part of a game stops being relevant when the game is updated/changed - but a video showing cool things in the game is relevant for a lot longer). I am so happy that the channel has continued to grow, even though I haven't been uploading to it or marketing it.

I am going to be creating & uploading more compilation videos, review videos, and other content that focuses on lots of different games. In the past, I have mostly focused on World of Warcraft videos, but I'm expanding the channel so that it's relevant for a lot longer. WoW has lost a lot of ground over the last 5 years, and even though it is still popular, it's a good idea for me to focus on other types of videos too.

Anyways, thanks for letting me share.
I hope to meet some of you around the forums :)

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow that's awesome! Good luck with your next goal! Before you know it you will have 8,000 subscribers

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow that's awesome! Good luck with your next goal! Before you know it you will have 8,000 subscribers
Thanks Courtney! :)
Yes, hopefully I will hit 8k soon! The new changes to YouTube make it a little harder though, and WoW losing players doesn't help either. I lost like 15 subscribers since yesterday when I uploaded my video. I always gain more than I lose, but unfortunately a lot of my subscribers don't play WoW anymore - and I don't either, so I think this change to focus on all gaming topics will help.

I'm going to do it little by little.
I have made a bunch of nerd rage compilation videos that have done well, so I'm going to start uploading some rage compilations for other games (my current ones are rages from WoW), to get some subscribers from those other gaming communities :)

catmanpatrick

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
wooow so cool keep it up man I hope i can also reach that goal in the future really inspiring:happy:

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
wooow so cool keep it up man I hope i can also reach that goal in the future really inspiring:happy:
Thanks dude!
If you need any tips / want me to check out your channel and give you pointers just shoot me a PM or reply to this thread :)

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Whoa! That's totally amazing! You should be rightly proud of this.

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yes i would like some tips doesn't hurt nobody some great tips
I will check out your channel and shoot you a PM :)

Whoa! That's totally amazing! You should be rightly proud of this.
Thanks xingcat! I do feel proud of it, but not as much as I probably should... I haven't been active in the last year, so I know that I could have hit 4-5 million views if I had been uploading as frequently as I did in 2013-2015. I treat YouTube like a hobby rather than a job or main source of income, so I've had plenty of months where I haven't uploaded anything. Being back on YTTalk definitely helps me feel proud though...I don't have many people in my life that play games or mess around on YouTube, so I haven't shared my channel with many friends... it's a little weird showing people my YouTube channel about videogames because I'm known as a rugby player who works with special needs children.