My Channel got deleted, should I start over?

bitjuice

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
So my Channel got deleted a few weeks ago. I tried finding out why exactly this happened and my guess, which has been confirmed, would be the background music.
The reason why this bothers me so much (putting the obvious aside) is that those videos that could potentially have put me in trouble, since I only used non-copyright Music afterwards, were about 15 months old and nothing ever happened.
So now I'm finding myself without a channel or any audience and out of frustration in that moment, I just created a new one. But I'm really not sure if I want to go the tedious way of building an audience again. I mean I love creating content
but it took me months and changing my concept again and again to finally have something that I could potentially build on and now the "game" has changed. I put in insane amounts of work, just so it could get erased in one moment.
I took a little time off of everything but it was just so enormously implemented in my weekly routine and day-to-day life that I find it hard to just leave it behind and not use the experience I've gained to do it even better this time.
Nonetheless, it is insanely hard and in order to get my first 100 subs I had to put in 11 months of work, changing concepts, looking what works best in the areas that actually interest me. As soon as I found my rhythm, it kind of "flowed"
I got more and more people to the channel and a few months later, I got a couple hundred subscribers more.

But when I started off, the part that probably was the most difficult, was to raise awareness around my content. I remember putting out about 15 Videos, that almost nobody watched and where each one of them would take me days to make.
It was frustrating and I honestly don't know, if I can do it all over again. So I'm looking for advice.
Thanks already for putting yourself through my more-whiny-than-I-would-actually-like paragraph. :)
Cheers

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
So my Channel got deleted a few weeks ago. I tried finding out why exactly this happened and my guess, which has been confirmed, would be the background music.
The reason why this bothers me so much (putting the obvious aside) is that those videos that could potentially have put me in trouble, since I only used non-copyright Music afterwards, were about 15 months old and nothing ever happened.
So now I'm finding myself without a channel or any audience and out of frustration in that moment, I just created a new one. But I'm really not sure if I want to go the tedious way of building an audience again. I mean I love creating content
but it took me months and changing my concept again and again to finally have something that I could potentially build on and now the "game" has changed. I put in insane amounts of work, just so it could get erased in one moment.
I took a little time off of everything but it was just so enormously implemented in my weekly routine and day-to-day life that I find it hard to just leave it behind and not use the experience I've gained to do it even better this time.
Nonetheless, it is insanely hard and in order to get my first 100 subs I had to put in 11 months of work, changing concepts, looking what works best in the areas that actually interest me. As soon as I found my rhythm, it kind of "flowed"
I got more and more people to the channel and a few months later, I got a couple hundred subscribers more.

But when I started off, the part that probably was the most difficult, was to raise awareness around my content. I remember putting out about 15 Videos, that almost nobody watched and where each one of them would take me days to make.
It was frustrating and I honestly don't know, if I can do it all over again. So I'm looking for advice.
Thanks already for putting yourself through my more-whiny-than-I-would-actually-like paragraph. :)
Cheers

If you enjoy the process, then do it. If you don't think you'll enjoy it, then don't do it. Why would you do something you hate? :)

It sounds like you learned a lot from your first channel. You could use all that knowledge in your new channel and so you should be able to grow more quickly than last time. But make sure you follow all rules this time - No copyrighted content. Good luck. :)

Reactions: Hulio

bitjuice

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you enjoy the process, then do it. If you don't think you'll enjoy it, then don't do it. Why would you do something you hate? :)

It sounds like you learned a lot from your first channel. You could use all that knowledge in your new channel and so you should be able to grow more quickly than last time. But make sure you follow all rules this time - No copyrighted content. Good luck. :)
Thanks, that actually helped ^^

bitjuice

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
That is a violation of the the terms and condtions! A Soon as YouTube make the link to your previous banned channel, then that one too will be banned.
I created a new username + a new email-address, so I should be fine there.
Thanks anyway

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I created a new username + a new email-address, so I should be fine there.
Thanks anyway
You still deliberately violated the terms and conditions that you agreed to. If YouTube make the link between the channel, it will be taken Your choice. Your risk.

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Source Youtube - https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2802168?hl=en
"If your channel is terminated, you may be unable to use, own, or create any other YouTube channels. "

the keywords being "may be"

Personally, I think if you make the account with your same google account and the system allows it, you're most likely good to go. Otherwise, I think the system would block it.

that being said, you should've deleted your copyrighted claimed video.... (do as I say not as I do).

Unfortunately, copyright holders often allow videos to stay alive as claimed for a long while (which is fine), but the copyright holder can change their mind at any point and strike the videos.Which is why it's best to remove your old video if they have material that wasn't cleared.

I've been making videos for 12 years ON and OFF. (don't let my sub count fool you lol) and if it got deleted, I probably would get right back to making content.

Last edited: