Music & Content Insights for a Researching student

Albajingus

Reaction score
Hi guys, it's a pleasure to meet all of you. I'm currently doing a research project for school about new marketing channels, and I'd love to get some feedback from Youtubers themselves since it's hard to come across reliable data on some topics.

With that intro, there's two things in which i'd be very interesting to know your take:

1) Do you have a clear idea of how your channel will look like (type of videos, music & theme songs, filters & effects if any are used) before you decide on the content, or the reverse occurs (you plan a lot of content in advance and then you work on details)?

2) How do you choose what visuals and sounds to add in your creations? Anything from theme songs, transitions, effects, filters, sound effects, etc. Is it an afterthought or you feel they're fundamental to make the channel grow? Do you spend a lot of time on it or you'll go with the first 'good-enough' choice?

3) How to you choose the perfect background music for your videos? Do you settle with Youtube's royalty-free library or have you used other types of licensing because you feel that gives you an advantage?

Thanks in advance for all help!