Multiple iPhones for YouTube videos

CarCraCra

Reaction score
I have a series of older iPhones I've hung onto over the years and am thinking of using them for a YouTube video channel. I'd like to mount them in different locations so I can use various clips from them during editing. The would be in my podcast studio and pretty much mounted permanently. I have a iphone 10, 7,6,5 and even a 4. I'd like to simultaneously record to all of them so my questions are:
1. Your thoughts on even attempting such a thing....
2. How to trigger them all at the (relative) same time when I record.
3. How do I synchronize them during editing
4. What editing software would you recommend.

Anything else I should be considering? I just though I have all these just sitting around so I thought I would put them to good use.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you.

CarCraCra

Reaction score
I don't have one yet but am working on starting one. Yes, it would be my first time 'formally' putting together video content.

Thanks

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Most decent editing programs have a means to sync video by the audio, so when I use multiple cameras, or voice recorders, I make a loud clap to give the program a good audio bit to focus on.

As for starting them all? I would guess you would have to walk around to each one and start recording. It would give you a bit to cut off, but that is easy. Some cameras can turn on with a hand signal - if you think they will all respond to that...

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
In my opinion what you are trying to do is extremely complicated for a beginner, keep going though
1. Your thoughts on even attempting such a thing....==start with 1 camera, this way you can put more time into content rather then get distracted by never before seen technical difficulties
2. How to trigger them all at the (relative) same time when I record.==solved with 1 camera
3. How do I synchronize them during editing=====================solved with 1 camera
4. What editing software would you recommend. ==there are free programs out there, I saw info on this forum(search for it), but once I knew I would be making YouTube videos forever I quickly got into Adobe suite in which I use adobe premiere pro for vid edits & Photoshop for thumbnail design
"Anything else I should be considering?" = lets get a video out, make the channel

CarCraCra

Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback. I'll be sure to let you know when I get one started. Stay Tuned.