Monetizing questions! HELP!

bazerath

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i've read a lot about monetizing and have also watched a lot of videos just to educate myself before i get into monetizing my videos. i was going to go with a network but i honestly don't really need the services they provide right now. i'm just worried i don't know enough about monetizing my videos to make them qualify so my account or videos don't get strikes. my biggest concern is i do a lot of Nintendo games such as Mario maker, indie games, retro games etc and i've looked and i've got strikes cause of the in game music. i know that Nintendo has an agreement you can sign and they'll let you post Nintendo videos but they take a cut which is fine. i just don't know enough about it. can anyone give me some guidance on monetizing my videos and provide some more information on the hole Nintendo contract. i appreciate all of your help and value what you have to say.

Reactions: FraYoshi

Ghoti

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
In short, if you know you have the rights monetize that video. If you don't (or you think you might), leave it un-monetized until you can prove it.

For every series I've done, I've emailed (or found on their forums) about making videos and monetization of that game. For example, Paradox Interactive have a statement that clearly shows that you can monetize videos of their content (except from a very specific music piece from some DLC of a game) - I'd link it, but apparently I can't add hyperlinks in this forum.

Because of that, I'm able to monetize my Cities: Skylines videos - so long as I obey the rules of that statment (including adding the statement is point number 2 on the description of my videos). I'd recommend either browsing for stuff like that on a search engine or just emailing the games company and ask them. If it's clear you can't do it, or you're unsure if you can or not, leave it un-monetized.

bazerath

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ya monetizing was a big concern of mine but i will be changing some things in my videos so i don't have to worry about getting strikes cause of audio. ill have to start making emails to get permission very soon. might take a day to do it but i think i can. i'm really working on making my channel legit and strike free. i appreciate the post and your advice means alot. YouTube is so much more then just posting videos. its a business and i want to make it a successful one.