Mirroring Youtube Playlists on Facebook Page - Yes or No?

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have noticed in the last few days that our Facebook fan page now has a more comprehensive video section with:
"Feature a Video on Your Page"
"Create Playlists With Your Videos"

Would it make sense to upload all our YT videos as either 30 second snippets or full length videos and create identical playlists on the Facebook page as are on Youtube?

My thinking on the 30 seconds snippets/highlights: If people find the 30 sec video interesting, they may be enticed to visit Youtube to see the full video. I read recently that 30 sec videos are optimal for engagement, and a CTA placed at the end of 30 sec works good.

My thinking on uploading a full-length video is most people will probably only watch 30 - 60 sec anyways, but if they want to watch more and are lazy to click over to Youtube at least they can get to know our channel on their Facebook feed. Perhaps in the future Facebook will pay creators, so it makes sense to build up a mirror presence.

I don't think having all your full-length videos on Facebook is detrimental to the Youtube channel, as the target viewers would generally keep to their own social network anyways without much cross-over (I discussed this in a separate post comment). So you won't get less viewership on YT because you have everything on FB.

Any thoughts on this? Is anyone starting to put all their videos on Facebook in playlists?

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
im too lazy to create playlists in facebook. although I think I did create a couple. but i am uploading 15 second previews for the most part. when i upload to instagram it auto shortens my video to 15 seconds. i then use the same 15 sec video and upload to facebook using the same hashtags pretty much copy paste. thats my new process for uploading right now.

i barely get any views. but its all there just in case facebook video gets popular or in case our page gets popular. you can also search for videos in facebook. ive had a video show up in their video search before. but the search is kind of clunky and doesn't always give same results.

occasionally if i have a video i put extra work in, i might upload the whole thing to fb. in case its discovered someday and goes viral on fb.

a lot of optimistic hopeful wishful thinking. but really i only do it because it is quick and easy for me. if it took more time or effort it wouldnt be worth the time.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
im too lazy to create playlists in facebook. although I think I did create a couple. but i am uploading 15 second previews for the most part. when i upload to instagram it auto shortens my video to 15 seconds. i then use the same 15 sec video and upload to facebook using the same hashtags pretty much copy paste. thats my new process for uploading right now.
Thanks for sharing your process. I can see how having 15 seconds previews in playlists would be a good sampler, and if people are interested in more they can head over to YT. Perhaps leave the end of the 15 sec video as a cliffhanger and they have no choice but to click that link![DOUBLEPOST=1457666340,1457606548][/DOUBLEPOST]The following message is showing up on our Facebook page:

"Thank You For Growing With Us
There are now 3 million advertisers on Facebook, and we're grateful to you for being part of our community. To celebrate, we made a way for you to create and share a short video that tells the story of your Page."

Anyone else do this ~ any suggestions on what to include?

Last edited:
Reactions: FamilyToyReview

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Thanks for sharing your process. I can see how having 15 seconds previews in playlists would be a good sampler, and if people are interested in more they can head over to YT. Perhaps leave the end of the 15 sec video as a cliffhanger and they have no choice but to click that link![DOUBLEPOST=1457666340,1457606548][/DOUBLEPOST]the following message is showing up on our Facebook page:

"Thank You For Growing With Us
There are now 3 million advertisers on Facebook, and we're grateful to you for being part of our community. To celebrate, we made a way for you to create and share a short video that tells the story of your Page."

What is the point of this? We don't get paid for those advertisers ~ or is FB trying to entice us to move over our content?
Without seeing the specific message myself... I have seen two types of messages from fb and they may be different for personal accounts versus pages and i cant recall where ive seen these.

But ive seen two types of fb promoted features. One is kind of cool where they let you do a slideshow or something because fb is doing a cool feature worldwide to entice all their users worldwide to celebrate the new year or show solidarity with the terrorist attack in france.

And the other one is usually not a feature but more of a sales pitch that you could expose your video or posting to a larger audience if you did fb advertising. The way they do it is pretty clever and very inviting. But basically it is a paid posting on fb.

Youll kno for sure if you keep clicking to see where it leads you.